Chapter 6

****

"I love to collect branded bags and shoes. I have one room filled only with my collections. How about you? Do you collect stuff?"

"Watches," tipid na sagot ni Lance sabay inom ng wine.

"Really? Wow you impress me more. That hobby is so classy and very manly. Meron na naman tayong one thing in common, we both have expensive hobby."

Lance sighed and sipped again in his wine glass. Kanina pa naririndi ang mga tenga niya sa kadaldalan ng date niya. The topic they discuss doesn't entertain him. She's nothing but a beautiful body and a pretty face. She's too conceited and self-adoration. Every words that comes out of her mouth implies self-praises. Kabilang ito sa mga tipo ng magagandang babae na alam na alam nilang maganda sila. Wherever they go, they expect people to have their eyes on them.

Tiningnan siya ni Ms. Zamora nang may nagniningning na mga mata na animo'y umaasang mabibighani siya sa mga ito.

"Attorney Perez, what are the type of women you date?" diretsong tanong nito na medyo napapakurap-kurap pa ng mga mata.

"Uhm well I had-"

She giggled at agad na pinutol ang sasabihin niya. Napakunot siya ng noo. One of the things he hates most is being cut in the middle of talking.

"Napakavague naman pala nung tanong ko. I'm sure with your good looks and popularity, sigurado namang hindi ka nawawalan ng babae." She leaned closer to him and whispered. "I heard that you're such a player." She giggled again. "But of course, I believe na may sineseryoso ka ring mga babae. I wonder what kind of women they are."

Napainom ulit si Lance ng wine. He hide his annoyance and smiled instead. "I had two serious relationship in the past."

"Were they pretty, tall, sexy? Anong mga qualities ang nagustuhan mo sa kanila?" sabik na tanong ng dalaga nang may namimilog na mga mata.

He crossed his legs and straightened his back. "Yeah they're both beautiful. But it's not really the looks alone that impressed me. Both of them were very smart and sensible," sagot niya na pasimpleng pinagdiinan ang mga salitang smart and sensible.

Napalunok ang babae. "R-Really? W-What impresses you more. The looks or the brain?" medyo nag-aalinlangan nang tanong nito sabay napainom ng wine.

Lance refilled her glass. "Both. The woman must possessed these two qualities," may ngising sagot niya. "For me, beauty without brain is boring but brain without beauty is also lifeless."

"W-What does your exes do?"

"The first one was a law student in UP when we were together and the second one was a brilliant lawyer," he deliberately answered with confidence while looking directly at her eyes na sa mga sandaling yun ay unti-unti nang naaninagan ng insecurities.

"What do you think about me?" lakas loob na tanong ng dalaga. "I-I mean do you find me smart and sensible too," may kabadong ngiting dugtong nito.