26. Fasting for him

Preeti's Point of view

"Hey... How are you feeling?"  I asked Siddharth when he woke up.

"My head is splitting into two." He said while trying to get up from the bed and groaned in pain.

I immediately helped him to sit properly and put pillows behind his back for support. I took the glass of water and give it to him. He took the glass from me and drink it.

"What happened last night?" He asked me while giving the glass back to me.

"A car hit you and run away." I said without looking into his eyes and put the glass back on table.

I can't tell him it hit him intentionally because of my foolishness. Tears welled up in my eyes and it took a lot of me I control them.

"Must be some drunk asshole. Are you fine?" He asked, looking at me with concern.

I nodded my head while sitting beside him on bed. He is still asking about me when he is the one who is lying on hospital bed. I caressed his right cheek lovingly and this time tears streamed out from my eyes. I closed my eyes and cupped my mouth with my palm to suppress my sob. Suddenly pair of strong arms took me in a warm embrace and I cried while putting my head on his shoulder.

"Baby..I am fine now." He consoled me while caressing my hair lovingly.

"Mr. Kapoor..How are you feeling now?" We both parted from hug when Doctor open the door and walked inside.

I stood up from the bed and give a space to Doctor to check Siddharth.

"Just have a little bit head ache.." Siddharth said.

"Well you hit your head pretty hard. So it's normal. After two days rest you will be perfect fine." Doctor said while checking his blood pressure.

I looked at Siddharth concernly and he gave me a soft smile while looking at me with love.

"You look fine Mr. Kapoor." Doctor.

"Doctor..Can I take him home now?" I asked to the doctor and he said 'yes' while nodding his head.

"Hey dude what's up." Nick came into the room just after Doctor left.

"Just take me home." Siddharth said while trying to get up from the bed.

I gasped and immediately rushed to help him when he try to get up from the bed and stumble on his feet.

"Easy tiger... you are still weak." Nick said while helping him sit on the bed.

"I won't leave that asshole who hit me by his car." Siddharth said while groaning in pain and rest his head on my stomach while encircling his both hands around my waist and pull me closer.

"Pretty Preeti you took care of him. I will come after meeting the doctor." Nick said to me.

"There is no need. He already told us to take him home." I said while running my fingers in Siddharth's hair to ease the pain.

"Okay then let's go.."

Nick gave us a ride to home after completing all the formalities of discharge and help Siddharth to reach our room.

*****

"Here you go buddy." Nick carefully laid Siddharth on bed. I immediately went to his side and adjust pillow under his head so he can feel comfortable.

"How are you beta?" Mom asked Siddharth, sitting beside him on the bed and caressed his head.

"I am fine mom. Just a little bit headache." Siddharth said while resting his right hand on his forehead.