Chapter 5

The whole time we were eating quietly. I was finished with my dinner after while and finished my glass of wine as well.

"Thank you for the dinner. Good night" I said.

"Wait" he said and raised his hand a bit from the table.

"I don't want you to think that I put you in danger on purpose" he said.

"But you did. I get that you are trying to find the truth about your father and your problems, but you could have ask other people for that" I said.

"Maybe, but as I said yesterday, you already saw us with your driver. You are also involved in this now" he said.

"Stop it. You should have just let me leave Italy. Is that your responsibility to stalk and follow people who witnessed your shootout?" I said.

"No, but I knew that you are the daughter of Paolo Mayer. We actually found more information about you. Plus the bar in Positano is mine and you are involved in this for longer than you think, thanks to your father" he said.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I did not have any problems until now" I said.

"I think that was also because your mother changed your last name" he said.

I look back at him.

"I mentioned your father as Paolo Mayer, but your mother changed your last name. Probably for the reason to not be found by the Naples mafia. Your father was known here as Paolo Ricci" he said.

"What are you talking about again" I watch him.

"We slowly started to get more information and found that your mother changed your last name to Mayer on all documents in order to not be linked to your father Paolo Ricci. I already knew about this for longer time but I did not want to tell you yet, which is why I called him the way you knew him. As Mayer" he said.

I wanted to tell him something but I already had enough of everything. I shake my head and wanted to go back inside but as I turned around I bumped into another man.

"Excuse me, miss" he said.

"I apologize.." I said and go around him.

"I think I did not introduce myself yet. I'm Franco. Luca's uncle" he said and shake my hand.

"Oh. Stella, but you probably already know me. I wish you good night" I said with light smile and without any other word I walked back inside to my room. I did not want to talk with any of them anymore.

When I come back to my room, I noticed few branded shopping bags next to my bed. I slowly looked inside them and saw that they were full of new clothes. I don't know who got this here to me, but I'm sure Luca had something to do with it. How did he knew my size? They must have go through my clothes in my suitcase.
I changed to my pajamas and took all the new clothes out of the bags. There were different shirts, summer dress, skirts and also some lingerie. I don't know who chose this for me, but I would lie if I said I didn't like it. Everything was elegant and my style. I stand up and put everything to the wardrobe.
I lay down to my bed and looked at my phone. Luckily no one was asking me more about where I was. For now.
I'm mad at my mum. I feel like she betrayed me. I understand that she just wanted to protect me, but I'm an adult and I deserve to know about this.
My mum must have known about what my father was involved in if she changed our surnames.
That means that my name would be Stella Ricci, not Mayer. She should have told me this, I deserved the truth. Well, just if Luca is not lying to me, but it's true that it sound pretty convincing and real. I just don't want to believe all of this.
I sighed and put my phone next to my bed and lay down. I turned the lights off and look out the window for a while before I finally fall asleep.