Chapter 14

We were driving back to hotel around midnight. When I was again enjoying the view of Rome from the window, I suddenly felt Luca's hand on my knee. He gently slides his finger along my knee and thigh. I put my hand on his and looked back out. I would be lying to myself if I said I did not have any feelings for him, but as hard as I try, I'm not able to ignore what I feel. Even with the first impression Luca gave me when he kidnapped me to Sicily, even with that I fell for him and got trapped in thoughts about him. So far he was the first man that gave me the feeling of safety and with whom I felt like myself.

I think that those feelings were stronger than just a friendship and that scared the hell out of me. After my break up with Richard, I told myself that I'm done with relationships. I did not want to trust men ever again and the fact that he hit me many times did not make it any better for me to try and trust Luca. However, even with that thought I somehow convinced myself that Luca would never hurt me, but in my subconscious I'm still worried to let someone close to my body. Maybe I could give it at least a chance.

    "Thank you for the dinner" I said when we got out of the elevator.

    "I thank you..good night, Stella" he said and gave me a smile with gentle kiss on my cheek and went back to his room.

When I came back to my room, I fell on my bed and took my heals off. I got changed into my nigh dress and bathrobe. So many thoughts were running through my mind and my heart was beating fast. As I was just laying on my bed, I remembered today's morning, when Luca was here with me. I still felt his lips on mine and his hands on my body. When I closed my eyes, I just saw him on top of me and his smile. I could have still feel all of his touches from this whole day on my skin. I don't know what is going on or why am I still thinking about this, but it started to bother me to always just stay at touching and not even talk about our feelings with him.

After some while of staring out of the window, I got out of bed and came back out to hallway to his door. When he opened after while, he was just wearing his pyjama pants.

    "Stella? Did something happen?" he asked with a confused frown.

I just shook my head.

    "No, nothing.."

    "Then why did you just knock on my door?"

We were just staring at each other for a while. Luca just looked around if someone else was on the hallway. When he looked back at my eyes, I knew exactly what's gonna happen next. I took one step closer to him which made him took a step back and closed the door behind me.

    "I think you remember today's morning?" he said quietly and his eyes did not leave mine.

I just nodded, watching him.

Before I said anything, I suddenly felt Luca's lips on mine and his fingers on my chin. He pushed me against the wall and started to kiss me on my neck, his hands on my sides. In that moment I stopped thinking about everything. The only thing I was able to focus on was his nice smell after shower and his strong arms as I ran my hands along them.

I closed my eyes and put my hands on his back. Luca moved back to my face and started to kiss me passionately. He slowly untied my bathrobe and let it fall on the floor. I felt the cold air on my skin coming from the open window, which which I could hear the sounds of the city.

Luca pulled away from me for a while and looked me in the eyes, while we were both catching our breaths.

    "Are you sure, Stella..." he whispered.

I nodded.

    "Keep going..." I whispered back and slide my fingers through his hair gently.

Luca took me up from the floor and put me down on his bed. He started to kiss me on my chest, held my hands above my head. He slowly pulled my night dress up as he slowly took them off, leaving me to lay on his bed just in my panties. I just realised that this is the first time Luca sees me like this. He slowly pulled away a bit and stared at my body, giving me a playful smile. What now?