Chapter 10

The next day we arrived back to Sicily. We did not say a word to each other with Luca since yesterday. When we got back to their villa, I went straight to my bedroom to unpack. I was not really sure anymore what to do, so I took my book and went outside to garden.

Luca came up to me after while and sat on the couch in front of me.

"What are you doing?"

I looked up at him, then back at my book.

"Can't you see what I'm doing" I said.

"Are you gonna pretend like I'm not here?"

"Actually, yes. That will be the best" I said and avoid his eyes.

I saw him stand up from the couch in the corner of my eye, walking up to me. Before I managed to look at him, he put his hand on my chin and made me look up.

"Don't play with me.." he said.

"I'm not. I just want to keep you far away from me"

"And why is that?"

"I do not need a reason for everything. Just don't touch me" I said and tried to push his hand away, but he grabbed my wrist first.

"Or you are trying to stay away from me because you are scared?" he asked.

"Scared of what?"

"Scared of having feelings for me"

I look into his eyes and frown.

"Maybe you are used to the fact that every woman falls on her knees in front of you, but that is not and won't be me" I hissed.

"Or you are just resisting it"

I sighed and stand up.

"Maybe in your dreams, but forget about it in real life"

"Are you still thinking about Richard?"

"What?"

"He said he wants to get back to you, right? You want that?"

I take a breath and shake my head.

"No, but you don't know anything about this. You watched or tracked my messages again?"

Luca shrugged.

"If you think you will ever win me over like this, then you are wrong, because you are acting like a fucking ass" I said to his eyes and walked away from him. I felt his stare on my back until I came back inside the villa.

When I came back to my bedroom, I noticed I got message on my phone from Anita. She asked when I will come back to Prague and how am I doing. Since Luca is tracking my messages, I decided to ignore her messages. I ran out of ideas for lies and I was not in mood in responding to anyone anymore. In that moment I just did not care anymore about anything.

I came back out to terrace in the evening, where the food was already prepared on the table. I looked around and slowly sat down to table.

"I started to think you won't come out your room anymore" said Luca when he sat down to the other side of table.

"I was hungry" I said.

"Of course. Take anything you want" he said and we both start to eat.

I knew that they had their own chef and he cooked really well. We both ate quietly.

"I will go to the city tomorrow for the meeting in Catania. It is not far but Matteo will stay here" he said.