Chapter 14

Liam ended up staying in my room until 1 in the morning. We talked endlessly about Niall, then Mason and somehow ended at favorite high school memories.

Niall, Liam, Zayn, and I were sitting on the couch watching tv the next morning.

" Im bored." I speak up.

" Well wha do you usually do at home?" Niall asks.

" Im usually at work- Oh my god! Work, I totally forgot about work. Im gonna get fired!" I stand up. I can't believe I actually forgot about work.

" Then go." Niall said, laughing about my little freak out.

" Ok." I agree, and ran to my room to get ready.

****

Just as I am about to leave, Niall grabs my arm. " Your coming back right."

I quickly remember what Liam said. "Yes." I say to him.

On the way to work, I pass by my old house. Shivers run down my spine.

I work at pacsun in the mall. It doesn't pay much, but it pays enough. I hurry through the back door as fast as I can, but am stopped when I crash into someone.

" Sorry I- Jenna!" I yell, hugging my best friend tightly. Jenna has been my best friend since 3rd grade.

" Where the hell have you been!?" She asks me. I want to tell her all about Mason and Niall and the rest of the boys, but it will take too long, and odds are, she wont believe me.

" I was really sick, and I completely forgot to call in." I lie to my best friends face.

" Oh, ok. You will never believe who just started working here!" She says with the biggest smile on her face.

" Who?" I ask, as we walk into the store.

" You'll see him soon enough. I gotta go, we can go to lunch later." She says and walks away.

I shake my head at her weird behavior. I walk to the back room to get my name tag. I look down at my shirt so I can pin it on, and when I look up, another person is in the room with me. I smile lightly at the boy in front of me, then I walk out.

When I am half way out of the door, reality hits me, and I realize who the boy is.

" Michael?" I ask turning around.

The boy has a confused look plastered on his face until he realizes who I am. "Claire?" He says. I run up to give him a hug.

" I haven't seen you since we broke up!" He says, bringing old memories back to me.