Chapter 25

Mason. He slapped me in the face agin. Hard.

" Thats the last time you will ever run away from me isn't it." he says, his face closer to mine with every breath. When I don't answer, he gets angry. " Answer me!" He screams in my face.

" Yes." I say, forcing the words out. How did I get here. Where was Micheal? I need more water. Niall. Wheres Niall. Mason pulls me out of my trance by kicking the chair hard. I wince. Just then I heard the faint sounds of foot steps coming down the stairs. It was Micheal.

" Mason! Let her go! I didn't know you would go this far!" Micheal shouts. Im beyond confused, but am too week and scared to say so.

Mason does not respond. Instead he walks over to a fear stricken Mike. He stops and front of him, but before I know it, the silent Mason is replaces by the Mason everyone knows, and hates. Mike is on the ground in the matter of seconds, grouning with every kick Mason sends to his stomach.

" Stop!" I yell. I look to Mike, who is holding is stomach with one hand, and digging in his pocket with the other. As Mason lunges toward me, threating to hit me again, Mike flips something out of his pocket. A switch blade. He stumbles to his feet. Before Mason could turn around, Mike has the blade at his neck.

  " I could end you now. It could all be over right now." Mike says through clenched teeth. Mason is trembling with the thought that his life could end any second. Mike broke the eerie silence. " But I won't. I just want you to leave Claire alone,okay? And if I find out that you so much as lay a finger on her again, your gone. Got it?"

  Mason looked beyond scared as he nodded as ran up the stairs. Mike looked at me, breathing heavy from nerves. He unties me from the chair and I immediately fall into his arms. But then I remember why I am here in the first place. I step back and stare at him.

  "Claire I'm so sorry I- " he begins.

  " I just want to go home."  I say to him, not wanting to even hear his pathetic apology. He nods his head and leads me up the stairs. Seeing the apartment again sends chills through my body. The light blinds me as we walk outside. I can feel tears form in my eyes as I open my car door, and by the time I am in the car, I am full on sobbing. Still in denial and shock about what just happened. I need to get home to see Niall, because at this point, in his arms in the only place I feel safe.

a/n HEYOOOOOO IM BACK1!!!!11775!!! THIS IS A REALLY SHORT CHAPTER BUT IM GOIN TO BE UPDATING A LOT MORE WOOOO GO ME