Chapter 9

Nialls POV

Me and the boys left shortly after Claire left. We followed Masons annoyingly shiny white car, not too close and not too far away. About half way through the journey, I see Claire's beautiful face peer into the passenger mirror. A smile takes over her features, and she looks down.

My thoughts are taken over by the idea of Claire going on a date with Mason. This girl that, over the past day, I have come to love, is in danger. And if I don't save her now, I never will.

We arrive at the park and I drive to the other parking lot, across the way from where Mason parked. I look out the window at Claire getting out of the car. She looks around, probably for me.

Its ok Claire, Im here, and I wont let anything happen to you. I promise. I wanna tell her. I watch Mason take her hand and walk her to a spot under a tree, where he lays out a blanket. A few minuets later, they are both laughing. I wonder what will happen if Mason doesn't do anything to hurt her. Good, in a way because Claire isn't getting hurt, bad because Claire will think I lied and hate me even more.

Just as the thought crosses my mind Harry shouts, " Niall we got trouble." My eyes shoot out the window to six men walking towards the car. Masons crew.

" Shit." I mumble. The man comes and taps on my door. Without breaking eye contact with Claire and Mason, who are still laughing, I lock the doors. Soon the six men surround my car. I think nothing of it until I see Mason pull something out of his pocket, a knife.

Claires POV

Mason plays with the knife in his hands for a while. " Are you scared Claire, are you afraid of me?" He asks, not looking at me once, but keeping full focus on his knife.

With my body shaking, I turn my head around, no sign of Niall any where. Of fucking course. I knew i shouldn't have trusted him. I nod my head to answer Masons question.

" Words Claire, speak to me." He says harshly.

" Yes." I reply "Very."

Nialls POV

I open the door but I am quickly stopped by the man. I look to the other boys, also blocked by the men. Just as I am about to run to Claire, a hard hand comes in contact with my jaw, and my head slams back into the car. Before I knew it, me and the boys were in a full out fist fight with these dudes. I know I have to get to Claire fast so I regain balance and throw my fist at the bald guys face. My fist connects but doesn't make much of an impact.

The last thing I remember is my head crashing on the street and a familiar high pitched scream somewhere in the distance.

SHORT BUT HELLA SCARYYY