Chapter Eighteen

The entire coliseum was silent; no one could tell if people were breathing or not. Erza and Natsu looked completely in shock at what Tyra had declared. Tyra looked up at the Magic Council and saw them shaking with rage. She smiled dangerously.

“I suppose you didn’t see that coming, did you old man?” she shouted at Gran Doma and his eyes darkened.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Natsu growled as he took a couple steps forward and Ryunoske stepped forward, anticipating an attack. “Why would Dragon Scale go to such lengths?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” Violet sneered. Then she smiled at him. “If you knew where your cat was, maybe he could tell you.” Natsu lunged and his kick was blocked by Ryunoske’s forearm. He shoved Natsu back and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“You can have your cats back,” Tyra said as she turned her back on Natsu. “As for us, we’re heading for the palace. The king of Crocus is the first to go. Then it’ll be the Princess and the Council. Then it’ll be the guilds. You can watch as the world crumbles to the ground.” Erza didn’t have a chance to speak before Tyra and the other four sprinted from the arena, heading for the palace.

“We have to stop them!” Gray shouted as he ran after them.

“Gray wait!” Erza called and he froze in his tracks.

“It’s not going to take them anytime to take the castle out!” he shouted at her.

“I know but something doesn’t feel right,” Erza said. Her eyes widened. “Ichimaru…”

“What about him?” Natsu snapped. “He hasn’t been here the whole time!”

“No it makes sense!” Lucy said. She faced the guilds in the arena. “Those five listen to Ichimaru. He’s the only one they’ll listen too! When he was captured by Jose, they acted out to his best interest in order to set him free. Something must’ve happened to him!”

“Guilds of Fiore,” Gran Doma called out and every head swiveled to look at him. “Dragon Scale is no longer a guild of Fiore, but a guild of treasonous whelps. I hereby order every guild to find the five and to bring them back alive. If not, Fiore will go up in flames. Do as you must.”

The guilds as one roared in agreement and sprinted off, all except Fairy Tail, Sting, Yukino and Rogue, Lyon and Jura from Lamia Scale. The rest had vanished, participating in orders or fighting just because they were scared. Lucy shook her head.

“There has to be a reason,” she murmured and Natsu put his hand on her shoulder.

“We need to find Happy,” he whispered. Lucy closed her eyes for a moment. Happy and the others must have heard what was going on. He’ll know what Tyra is plotting.

“What is Fairy Tail doing?” Gran Doma called out. “Didn’t you hear me?”

“Tyra wouldn’t do this if she didn’t have to!” Lucy cried out, taking everyone by surprise. “I know she’s not that type of person!”

“Celestial Wizard, what do you know of Tyra?” Michello spat. “Do you even know who she is?”

“She’s my friend,” Lucy replied.

“That’s a child’s answer!” Michello bellowed. Gran Doma silenced him with a wave of his hand.

“Lucy, Tyra is a fugitive,” Gran Doma said and Lucy’s eyes widened. “Fairy Tail and the rest of you seemed to have figured out where they came from, so I will tell you the rest. Tyra and the other four came from Tartas, which is the most guarded prison that exists in all of Fiore. Do you understand, Lucy Heartfilia? Tyra is a high ranked criminal, who belongs to the Dark Wizard Zeref.” Lucy stared at Gran Doma, tears decorating the bottom of her eyes. “Now go capture the fugitives,” Gran Doma commanded. Erza gently pulled on Lucy’s sleeve, and they all ran out of the arena and into the hallway, out of earshot from the Magic Council.