Chapter Five

Tyra stared at the dumbfounded Lucy and the enraged Natsu as silence fell over the guild. Before Lucy had the chance to respond, Natsu stepped in front of her, his eyes narrowed and fire billowing around his fists.

“Over my dead body,” he said and Tyra couldn’t help but half-smile at that. If only you knew.

“What do you need Lucy for?” Erza shouted as the rest of Fairy Tail started to gather around Lucy as if to shield her from Tyra.

“That’s not for you to know, Titania,” Tyra spat, assuming her role. “My business is with Lucy.”

“Is this Dragon Scale’s way of declaring war on Fairy Tail?” Gray said quietly, his voice cold and dark. Fairy Tail’s eyes shined with a dark and dangerous glare; but Tyra refused to falter. She had to carry this out. She held up her hand.

“So be it,” she said as she closed her eyes. “Blood Magic.” Large dark red circles appeared on the left and right of the building, as well as on the roof and on the floor. Tyra opened her eyes as her concentration was complete. “Hangman’s Grip.” Her left hand tightened to where only her thumb, pointer and middle finger were flexed and the rest were pushed down into her palm as the magic was casted. Tyra watched as Fairy Tail fell to the ground, slamming down hard. Their bodies twitched as they tried to fight the magic, but all Tyra had to do were slowly move one of her flexed fingers and they would slam right back down.

“What are you doing to them?!” Lucy shouted as she still stood up, looking down at her comrades.

“I control every muscle, every vain in their body,” Tyra said coldly. She watched as Lucy looked around her, tears coming to her eyes. “One false move of theirs could lead to internal bleeding. I can cause that easily.” Then Tyra’s expression fell with disbelief. She saw a member who was bigger than the rest in muscle tone rise up, his breathing haggard as he trudged over to Lucy.

“A man doesn’t leave a woman defenseless,” he said and Lucy looked at him with amazement.

“Elfman!” she whispered. Tyra narrowed her eyes.

“You’re a bit on the heavy side aren’t you? I can see why this magic failed on you. You have too much ground to cover inside of you.” Elfman didn’t seem to hesitate. He lunged at Tyra and she dodged to the side, moving her left hand behind her and growing a blood crystal on her right hand.

“Blood Magic: Crimson Dance!” With her arm encased in her blood, she parried Elfman’s blows one right after another. She watched as his arm turned into a black bull and she flipped out of the way.

“Elfman! Her hand!” Erza called out and Tyra gritted her teeth together in annoyance as Erza had fought through to find her voice. “The magic will cease if you make her hand release it!” Tyra didn’t give Erza another chance to talk as she stiffened one of her fingers, causing Erza’s head to slam back down.

“Urusai!” Tyra muttered as she glared at Erza. Elfman didn’t have to be told twice though. Shouting ‘Man’, Elfman ran at Tyra with the intent to fight her left side.

“I’ll help, Elfman!” Lucy shouted as she took out one of her keys. “Open! Gate of the—“Lucy never finished as Tyra flipped over and landed a hard kick to Lucy’s shoulder, sending her sprawling onto the ground towards the door.

“Lucy!” Natsu shouted before his head was slammed back down. This is a pain in the ass now, Tyra thought as she looked over her shoulder towards Lucy and then darted them back over to Elfman. Ichimaru’s gunna kill me when he finds out…but I have no other choice. Elfman charged again and Tyra blocked his punch with her arm. Using her entire body, she threw Elfman back and released the magic with her left hand. The atmosphere lightened, but none of the Fairy Tail members rose to their feet. Putting her pointer and middle fingers together, she pointed them at Elfman.