Chapter Seven

Lucy sat resting her head on the palms of her hands, her eyes downcast. Even though it had been a few days since Tyra had returned her to Fairy Tail, she felt that there was something missing. The image of Tyra's downcast face entered her mind again and she sighed. If only I had told Master about the circumstances before Tyra left...

“Lucy?” Happy said as he walked on the table over to her. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing too important,” Lucy muttered. “I should be over it by now.”

“Is it that woman?” Happy asked as he plopped down and pulled out a fish.

“I guess so,” Lucy sighed heavily. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked to see Natsu smiling at her.

“There’s something about her that bothers you,” he asked as he sat down. He crossed his arms. “I’m curious as to what went down at Dragon Scale the other day. We didn’t even get the chance to rally before she was bringing you back.”

“A lot of stuff happened,” Lucy said and she noticed she had drawn a crowd; Natsu, Erza, Gray and Master Makarov came over to hear her story.

“Let us in on it,” Gray said as he put his hands behind his head, his shirt already off.

“Why don’t you go put a shirt on first?” Lucy mumbled and Gray shrugged his shoulders.

“It was already off when I came over,” he replied. Lucy sighed. She observed their faces, each of them eager to know.

“When I came too,” Lucy began. “Tyra asked me to play along. The other man that was with her, Ryunoske, said that Tyra had planned everything out and that all she needed now was me. They took me back to their guild and I noticed something strange was going on. The other three had told Tyra that they had accomplished their parts and that everything was in place. When I got to the guild, Jose and Ivan were there.”

“Ivan?!” Makarov shouted as they all tensed up.

“What was Jose of Phantom Lord doing there?” Erza asked. Lucy looked sadly at the table.

“They were using Dragon Scale’s master to have Tyra deliver me and Laxus to them,” Lucy replied and Laxus walked over upon hearing his name. “Jose put some type of destruction magic on him.”

“So that’s why Tyra attacked us,” Gray said quietly.

“She said that she was being watched and she had to make the attack look convincing,” Lucy added in. “When Dragon Scale’s master was released from the magic, Tyra protected me, saying she needed to deliver me back safe.”

“She never intended to hurt you?” Natsu pressured. Lucy shook her head.

“No, she wanted to leave Fairy Tail alone.”

“And then she just brought you back?” Erza asked.

“Well…they fought Jose and Ivan. The five of them did. Watching them fight, it seemed like I was watching monsters. I hadn’t seen someone so delighted in inflicting pain on another.”

“That’s Dragon Scale for ya,” Gray said bitterly.

“What happened to Ivan and Jose?” Laxus asked.

“They were defeated and taken away by the Magic Council from what I know,” Lucy said. “Tyra was already bringing me back when she ordered that.”

“They couldn’t let go of their pride and ask for help,” Makarov said and then his eyes softened. “Although at the time, we may not have offered it. They had already attacked one of our members.”