Chapter Seventeen

Tyra stared down the four enraged dragons, their bodies shaking with anger. Violet was chuckling beside her and Tyra moved her eye over and noticed that Ryunoske had come back. Now they just had to wait for Reiji and Nark to return. Not knowing how long she had to stall upon their return, Tyra turned her attention back to Natsu.

“Don’t fret too much Natsu,” she said tauntingly. She shrugged her shoulders. “They won’t feel a thing.”

“You have Lector and Frosch too, don’t you?” Sting growled. Tyra smiled at them but Violet spoke up.

“Pesky little kitty cats,” she said in a deranged voice. “You should’ve taught them better than to eavesdrop.”

“Shall we get started?” Tyra said as she glanced up. Tyra didn’t have time to react; Natsu’s fist connected with her stomach, sending her flying into the back wall. Gajeel sent Violet flying the opposite direction with his iron sword. As they crashed into the walls, Sting sent a roar in Tyra’s direction, Rogue sending one in Violet’s direction. The walls exploded as it made contact and the crowd erupted with cheers.

“Looks like Fairy Tail and Sabertooth want Dragon Scale out of the way!” the commentators shouted. Tyra got to her feet and shook her body out. She smirked at Natsu and Sting.

“Is that the best you can do?” she teased. She raised her hand. “My turn.” Natsu and Sting lunged towards Tyra, Gajeel and Rogue lunging towards Violet. Tyra dodged their fists nimbly and kept on dodging their attacks with grace. Violet dodged an attack and went to attack Gajeel.

“Roar of the Ice Dragon!” Violet shouted as a purple beam of ice shot from her mouth. She caught Gajeel on the side, freezing his side solid.

“Claw of the Shadow Dragon!” Rogue bellowed and Violet laughed as she flipped away. Gajeel held his side and noticed he was getting some type of frostbite in his side. His side was turning a blackish color and it was getting numb.

“Salamander!” Gajeel called out. Natsu already seemed to know. He spewed fire at Gajeel, melting the ice on his side.

“That’s going to get annoying,” Violet hissed as she narrowed her eyes. Tyra turned her attention back to Natsu and Sting, studying their movements accurately. After taking a few more blows, she had them matched.

“Blood Magic,” Tyra said coolly. “Crimson Dance!” The bloody icicles formed on her arm, calves and elbow and she sliced through Natsu and Sting easily. The crowd shouted chants as they hit the ground hard.

“Roar of the White Dragon!” Sting shouted as he shot his white laser at Tyra. She dodged but then she looked above her and noticed Natsu coming down on her.

“Brilliant Flame of the Fire Dragon!” Tyra gritted her teeth as she took the blow, not having the time to dodge. She landed heavily on the ground and skidded a few feet before coming to a stop. The flames had destroyed her icicles and she stared angrily at Natsu.

“Blood Magic: Transfusion,” Tyra said and her body turned completely into the liquid of blood. She danced around Natsu and Sting, nailing them with cheap blows as they couldn’t find the opportunity to attack her back. Tyra went solid as she jumped over Sting, landing gracefully. Her eye flickered over to Violet, who was now starting to get pounded by Gajeel and Rogue. Violet had a split second to deliver the signal to Tyra and Tyra allowed herself to look completely drained. It’s starting, Tyra thought, knowing the Magic Council was now toying with their magic. Natsu threw a punch and Tyra had to block it. Natsu quickly followed with a roundhouse kick, sending Tyra flying towards Sting, who slammed her into the ground hard. Tyra struggled back up to her feet and ignored the commentators’ shallow words. She was breathing hard and she wiped the blood from her lips. Natsu and Sting were still glaring angrily at her and she just smirked. She looked over towards Ryunoske and to her relief, she saw Nark and Reiji had returned. Tyra felt hope rise up in her but then it vanished at Reiji’s expression. She heard Ryunoske’s voice in her head. He’s dead. Tyra’s eye danced over to Reiji, who nodded grimly at her and she stood up straighter. Anger rose up within her and she clenched her hands into fists. We were too late.

“Wing Slash of the Fire Dragon!” Natsu shouted as he lunged again. Tyra looked at him with a dark expression and caught Natsu’s arms as he angled them down. The fire exploded around them and Tyra found herself staring into the shocked expression of Natsu.

“Your time just ran out,” she said icily and she threw him over her shoulder. He easily recovered and landed on his feet, but he was carefully observing Tyra. “Violet,” Tyra said. “Blood Magic: Puppet Master.” Tyra pointed her hands at Gajeel and Rogue and blood-like threads sprung from her fingertips and shot into Gajeel and Rogue. Tyra used her fingers and sent Gajeel and Rogue crashing into the walls. Seeing her opportunity, Violet ran over towards Tyra and stood beside her, breathing heavily. Gajeel, Natsu, Rogue and Sting recovered and walked back to each other, keeping their eyes on Tyra and Violet, expecting them to make a move. Tyra looked over towards the mascot and she calmly walked over there. “End the match.”

“Uh…eh…what?” the mascot said, clearly confused. Tyra narrowed her eye.

“End the match,” she said, more forcibly this time.

“The hour isn’t up yet…” the mascot said and Tyra narrowed her eyes.

“Fine,” she snarled. She turned back around and aimed her hands at the four dragons. “Blood Magic: Hangman’s Grip!!” Tyra watched as they all sank to their knees, their bodies shaking from the effort to withstand her magic. Tyra slammed them down into the ground hard, ignoring the outburst from Fairy Tail.

“What…magic is this?” Sting stuttered out. Tyra looked back at the mascot.

“They can’t fight anymore. End the match.” The mascot must have sensed the hostility in Tyra’s voice because he ended the match. Immediately Erza and Laxus, followed by Gray, Lucy and Wendy were out onto the arena. They stood in front of the four dragons and Tyra released her magic on them.

“What’s the meaning of this?!” Erza demanded as a few Sabertooth members made their way out into the arena, Yukino and Rufus following in suit. Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus looked agitated, ready to jump in if they were needed. Tyra stared down the members in front of her, feeling Reiji, Nark and Ryunoske coming up behind her. She then turned her attention up into the stands and spotted the Magic Council staring dumbfounded at her.

“Pay attention,” Tyra called out as she kept her gaze on the Council. The entire coliseum fell silent. “These games are over. Dragon Scale will move on their own now.” Tyra gestured to Violet and Violet lifted up her pants to reveal the anklet. “We won’t be playing the games the Council wants us to play. Instead, we’ll play by our rules.” Tyra felt blood run down her face from her eye as she took off Violet’s anklet, carefully keeping her eye concealed under her hair. She quickly removed the other three’s in haste and threw them before Fairy Tail’s feet. Erza and Lucy stared at them with wide-eyes, not knowing what to say.

“We were never fighting to our true ability,” Tyra said as she quickly wiped her eye.

“What…are you saying?” Lucy said in confusion. Tyra laughed and looked at the ground as Reiji spoke up.

“The Magic Council can no longer hold us,” Reiji stated. “We are no longer bound by the rules of the anklets and have nothing to worry about now that Dragon Scale is considered traitor.” Tyra straightened up as Nark pulled on his dark armor, Violet released ice around her fists and Reiji and Ryunoske cracked their knuckles.

Tyra’s eye darkened. “Dragon Scale hereby declares war on Fiore.”