Chapter Twenty-Five

Tyra glared at the dragon as it started to thrash around, completely pissed off. Tyra closed her eyes as she heard the uneasy whimpers and whispers behind her. Her magic, even with the help of two dragon slayers, wasn't enough to kill Acnologia. She tightened her hands into fists as anger consumed her. She thought that attack above anything else would be enough to kill it. If this attack didn't work, there was only one other option Tyra could think of. It's not the best option. But I refuse to let the guilds pay for this.

“It’s weakened!” Natsu said as fire rolled over his fists. “If we attack it now, we can finish him.”

“Natsu,” Tyra whispered as she turned to face him, Acnologia smashing buildings to the ground behind her. She held up her hand to him. “It’s over.”

“Don’t you dare give up!” Natsu snarled and Tyra smiled sadly at him.

“I’m not.” Natsu gave her a confused look. “Blood Magic: Hangman’s Grip.” Natsu felt his body tighten up and he slammed to the ground, along with everyone there. He struggled to raise his head and he saw Tyra slowly tightening her hand into a fist, draining their magic away. Natsu struggled to look over his shoulder and his eyes widened when he noticed Tyra had even pinned Ichimaru down. She wasn't letting anyone up. The only ones that remained standing were the five.

“What are you doing?!” Lucy shouted as she struggled. Nark, Reiji, Violet and Ryunoske seemed to understand what Tyra was planning, so they turned around and faced Acnologia, refusing to look back. After a while, Tyra released the magic and they all gasped like they had been underwater. Tyra turned and walked over to join the others.

“Tyra…you’re not…” Ichimaru gasped out as he looked at her. Tyra snorted a laugh as she kept her eyes on Acnologia.

“We’re supposed to die anyway. If we are kept alive, some unlucky soul will go through the same thing we went through,” Tyra replied without looking at them. Acnologia roared and the ground shook as he stomped the ground. “The least we can do is take something with us.”

“Tyra!” Lucy said as her eyes widened. “Don’t! We can fight him together!” Tyra was silent. Tears lined Lucy’s eyes. “You don’t have to fight him alone! I know what you have done is bad, but I don’t care! You’ve always been a friend of mine, who has struggled through life like the rest of us! Don't think I'm going to sit here and watch you die! Please don’t go throwing your life away!” Tyra looked over her shoulder as a kind smile decorated her face.

“Lucy, I owe you and Fairy Tail so much. I hated you, because not only were you in agony from the past, you never let it get to you. Out of all of Fairy Tail's losses and hardships, never once did you let your anger get the better of you. You kept your minds and hearts pure of what was right. I was actually jealous of the relationships Fairy Tail had. I didn’t understand any of you, and quite frankly you all pissed me off.” Tyra closed her eyes for a moment and then looked back at Lucy. “You still cared about me, even when I tried to kill you. You don't care about what I've done? I admire that about you, Lucy. You have this strange power of touching everyone around you. There is nothing I can say that can right the wrongs I did against Fairy Tail, or any of the other guilds. I threw Fiore out of order, and I’ve put you all through so much, from the day we met until now.” Tyra’s body began to glow with an outline of red, and it expanded onto the other four. The energy surrounding them was billowing up like fire.

“Onegai…” Lucy said as tears began to spill down her cheeks. Tyra looked over at her again, facing her.

“I still don’t understand Fairy Tail,” Tyra said as she smiled, blood pouring from her red eye. “But…” Tyra’s black guild mark glowed and transformed into a red Dragon Scale insignia, returning to normal. Ichimaru’s eyes widened as tears lined his eyes. “I’m indebted to you, Fairy Tail.” Tyra placed her hands on Ryunoske’s and Nark’s shoulders, the red energy around them building up faster. They joined hands as the energy transferred through all of them, coursing through their bodies. “I'm grateful Lucy, that you considered someone like me to be your friend. I'll never forget it. Despite everything that's happened, you've shown me a new light. So allow me to protect my friends this time. Lucy, Natsu, Ichimaru…and Fairy Tail…arigato.”