Chapter 27

Genya pulls the trigger of the double barrel and both of the demons' heads were basically blown off. Genya then jumps down with his right hand on the handle of his sword and once he landed, he ran straight towards Karuku.

"GENYA! DON'T! NO MATTER HOW STRONG THE WEAPON, IT CAN'T BE DEFEATED!"

But you spoke too late because he slices the rest of Karuku's neck and gets divided with now 4 bodies, 3 of them with you.

"Every time you cut them they divide! They're rejuvenating and getting stronger! They want you to cut their heads off!"

You caught a glimpse of the 4th one, but couldn't find it after. You look around and you see its faint silhouette and you rush to grab Tanjiro's hand.

The 4th one had wings and feet of an eagle with hands the same as the sharp talons as his feet. He grabbed Tanjiro's foot and since you grabbed Tanjiro's hand, you flew away with him. Nezuko also tried to grab you but she wasn't able to.

"Hahaha!! How wonderful! It's been so long since I've divided!"

Nezuko runs after you and Tanjiro in attempt to try and get both of you back.

"Nezuko! Don't worry about us! Help Genya!"

You look back at Genya and see that he was stabbed by Sekido's Khakkhara.

"NEZUKO HELP GENYA! PLEASE HURRY!"

"You have the pleasures of worrying about others. How amusing especially since you're a demon."

The demon turns his head and looks as if he was starting an attack that came from his mouth.

"Tanjiro! Drop me!"

"What!? N-"

"We don't have time! Just-"

The demon then let out a very loud scream towards you and Tanjiro's direction. The demon let Tanjiro go that let both you and him to go falling. You went falling into a large land full of trees and to break your fall you try and grab onto a branch. You grab on and see that Tanjiro tried to grab one as well, but his branch broke. You quickly used the tree as a springboard and tried to get to the floor before Tanjiro did. Tanjiro was hurt quite a lot of branches but you catch him right before he landed.

The attack from the bird demon was quite effective, even on you, but it must have been way worse for Tanjiro. Your ears were ringing loudly to the point where you couldn't hear clearly and your eyes became a bit clouded. Your body also felt a bit numb and you fell.

"Y-Y/N!"

You shook you head and stood up shaking a bit. You heard a noise to your right and turned around. On Tanjiro's ankle was the bird demon's foot but it was connected to a head. The demon opened his mouth to do an attack like the previous time and out of pure instinct, you sliced in between its mouth. You panicked a bit and it divided into just a mouth connected to the feet of the original bird demon. It did the attack like before but it was a lot weaker.

You stand back up with a smile on your face that made you look a little psychotic but it was cause you were happy I guess. Tanjiro also smiled the same way and you pierced through both of the divided demons when they started an attack again.