Chapter 4

•••••

You and Tanjiro stared at the demon before you, not moving an inch. You looked beside you and saw Tanjiro gritting his teeth with his eyebrows raised in frustration and noticed his grip on his sword was getting shaky.

You stared at him for a moment longer before looking back at the demon when the eyes on his palms blinked and 7 arrows came flying at Tanjiro but not you. You assumed he didn't see you as a threat, but nonetheless Tanjiro dodges the arrows with ease. The arrows continued to follow after him since they wouldn't disappear until it hit its target.

Tanjiro tried to slash the arrow with his sword but once his blade came in contact with the arrow, he just flew wherever the arrow was pointing. Tanjiro was flown back at the brick wall. He hit the wall and let go of his sword. While he was slowly sliding off the wall, an arrow went after Tanjiro, but instead took his haori.

The arrow demon's eye blinks and an arrow tightly wrapped itself around Tanjiro's right arm.

"It's all going the way I want it to! Your arm's going to get twisted right off!"

He winced in pain, but ran to a nearby tree running up and kicked off the trunk, flipping in the air at a fast speed which made the arrow's grip to become undone. He landed back on the ground and ran to grab his sword.

"So you eluded it by spinning in the same direction as the Kouketsu Arrow? Damn monkey!"

Tanjiro's pupils start to shake, you well aware that he can't take much more of the demon's attacks.

"It's about time for you to die!"

Both eyes on his palms blinked and multiple arrows came flying at him all at once. He ran towards the demon and gathered all of the arrows with one of his breathing techniques which caused a whirlpool of his own arrows to cut off his own head.

Your eyes widened in fascination and admiration of how well Tanjiro adapted to his enemy and used their own powers against them.

Tanjiro was then flown into the air and you managed to catch him bridal style. He looked at you and blushed slightly and looked back at the demon as a way to avoid eye contact. You put him down gently and he limps a bit, but you helped by wrapping his arm around your shoulder.

"Thank you..."

"I should be the one saying that."

You smiled and Tanjiro felt his heart speed up faster than it already was.

"Curse you! Curse you! Curse you!"

You both quickly looked back at the demon who still happened to still be alive.

"All I had to do was bring back your head, and I would've won his approval! I'll never forgive you! I'll never forgive you! Shoving my face in this vile dirt! You're going down with me!"

And with whatever energy that demon still had left, the body of the headless demon rose its arms one last time and heard the all too familiar blinking noise. Not even a moment after the noise, countless arrows penetrated through Tanjiro.

He was thrown to the right and right when you were about to try and grab him, you got thrown to the left and crashed into a tree. You winced, but quickly looked over to Tanjiro. You felt a light mist of water splash on your face and saw that he used one of his breathing techniques to soften the impact, but because of the injuries he suffered, he had trouble landing. He attempted to land but instead was about to plummet face first into the ground, but before he could he flew back up into the air.