Chapter 24

You heard lots of commotion and felt shaking. Your eyes fluttered opened and you saw that you were in Tanjiro's arms as he carried you bridal style while running. You rubbed your eyes and Tanjiro looked down at you.

"Good morning Y/N!"

He smiled down at you and you smiled back groggily. He threw you up in the air as you did an elegant back flip before landing behind him running, following him to the unknown location as you yawned and rubbed your eyes again.

"So where are we going?"

"Apparently the Hashira took the key from the kid which was a key to a mechanical doll that can do 108 movements and is stronger than a human. The kid's ancestors made it and they used it as training, but it's getting old so it might break."

"Awe that's not good."

You continued running before you heard loud clacking sounds. As you got closer you saw the Hashira you saw not too long ago fighting someone, or something, but their movements were very quick that was for sure. You stopped, watching the show before you.

"That's the mechanical doll for combat use that my ancestors made. Yoriichi Type Zero!"

The doll had long hair that was tied in a ponytail and the left eye was broken. It wore a plain haori with long, loose hakama. It also, for some reason, had 6 arms which all had a katana in hand, but what caught your eye was that it was wearing Hanafuda earrings just like Tanjiro's and the face looked very familiar.

"It's arms, why does it have six!?"

"It's arms? According to my father, that doll was modeled on an actual swordsman. He said if it didn't have six arms, it couldn't recreate that swordsman's movements."

"Who was that swordsman? Where was he from and what did he do?"

The child was flustered by all the sudden questions and put his arms up against his chest.

"Sorry, but I don't know much about it. It was during the Sengoku period."

"Th-The Sengoku period!? You mean... over 200 years ago!? The doll hasn't broken once in all that time!?"

(it says over 300 years ago but I did a little switch for the sake of the plot so bear with me a bit!)

"It's amazing technology that we can't match even today. If it breaks, we can't repair it. My father died suddenly and I don't have any siblings. I have to do a good job... but have no talent with swords or mechanical things."

You saw the kid trembling and you pat his head. You didn't say anything and continued to watch the Hashira fight, but the kid looked up at you and looked back as well without lashing out on you or such.

"He's incredible. He isn't that much older than me, but he's still a Hashira, he has talent."

"σf ¢συяѕє! тнαт вσу ∂є¢єи∂ѕ fяσм тнє υѕєяѕ σf ѕυи вяєαтнιиg!"

You turned around to the tragic noise which was categorized as a voice and saw a crow with oddly long eyelashes. Do crows even have eyelashes?

"нє'ѕ α gєиιυѕ! нє'ѕ σи α ωнσℓє ∂ιffєяєит ℓєνєℓ тнαи уσυ ℓσт! тєє нєє нєє нєє!!"