Chapter 11

The whole car ride home was silent considering Luc took his own car and left. I honestly didn’t know what I was supposed to say I mean some random old people knew about my family and now Damon just expects me to lie to the people I care about as if it’s nothing.

Right then Damon sighed and decided to speak “Lynn, I know you want to but you can’t tell anyone about what we did today.”

Confused I looked over at him “What so you expect me to go along with the crappy lie I came up with? I'm supposed to let everyone believe I was slutting it up over at this guy Luc’s house?” I yelled, now angry.

He ran his hand through his hair; I could tell he was trying to come up with something else I could tell them when and if they ask.

“Alright, here's the real story. You were visiting your mom’s grave but were too ashamed to tell them about it when Mark called and I'm of course the one that drove you. That will work as long as they don’t notice Luc's scent on you.” He said

My mouth dropped open, how is he so good at coming up with something like that in that short amount of time and have it that believable. See I have major trust issues and I'm extremely paranoid and try to be emotionless around everyone since my mom’s death, therefore I'm discrete when I do go to visit her grave because I end up crying.

I closed my eyes and leaned back into the seat sighing, “So how do I get rid of his scent?” I asked.

“Basically you either cover it up with a stronger scent or change clothes.” He told me.

Okay well seeing as I don’t have a change of clothes just lying around in his car I guess I get to mask the scent. I really hate lying. You always have to cover up one lie with more of them. 

“So how do I mask Luc’s scent? Got any febreze or something?” I asked

Damon shook his head and rolled his eyes “Sorry Lynn, I left my portable air freshener in my man purse at home” he said with his words coated in sarcasm.

Well then. No need to be an ass about it, jeez.

“For your information Damon, it’s called a murse, or as some would argue a satchel.” I argued back with him.

“I worry about your sanity sometimes Lynn. Anyway here” He said while reaching over in front of me and digging through his glove box for something. 

“I'm quite shocked you don’t have condoms floating around in there Damon.” I told him while glancing at his glove box, which his hand was still rustling around inside of.

He gave me a stale face and said, “I'm a little classier than that Lynn. I take my women to more respectable places than a car that wouldn’t even be big enough to do it in.” he said again with sarcasm dripping from each word he spoke.

“Well I apologize for not considering an abandoned hotel ‘classy’” I said, putting air quotes around the word classy.

He just rolled his eyes and said “here” while tossing a bottle of cologne onto my lap.

I looked down at it, confused. It’s not gonna seem natural if I just spray a crap load of this on me.

“God you’re slow. Grab one of my shirts out of the back and spray the crap on it then just kinda rub it over you.” 

I chuckled. 

Sexy.

Unbuckling my seat belt I got on my knees and turned and started looking around in the back for one of Damon's spare shirts. I saw one in here the other day, wondering why he had it but I guess I know now that this is a daily thing for him.