Chapter 7

Lynn POV

I slowly opened my eyes while stretching my arms and legs out. I looked over at Mark's alarm clock, forgetting I was in his room. The little red letters stared at me and I just kept my gaze on them trying to think on how it could possibly be nine forty five am. Someone surely would’ve woke me up right? Yeah. Mark wouldn’t just leave me here.

I got up and looked out his window to see the sun glaring down at me. 

“Ow. Why do you always have to be so bright sun” I told the sun, suddenly annoyed by its brightness. 

Great if it’s that bright out then that means they really did leave me here. Stupid jerks, I have a history test today! Still tired, I forced myself to go put something warmer on. Even though it’s sunny it’s still only like 60 outside which means it’s not much warmer in here. Once in my room I traded my shorts for my sweat pants and headed downstairs for some food.

I went into the kitchen to look for something appetizing. 

“Mwahahaha eggs, you are now mine hehehe all mine!” I stated to the eggs pretending they could hear me and were about to meet their doom. 

I shut the fridge and stood up holding my precious eggs to see a figure standing next to the fridge.

“AHHHHHHHH!!” I screamed dropping my eggs and taking a step back. 

The figure then came into the light, catching my eggs and smiling amused at my fright. 

“Damon! You ass!” Putting my hand over my heart thinking that would calm my breathing I sighed “God, you scared me” I told him.

“Really, I never would’ve guessed” he stated sarcastically

He handed me my eggs “Careful, we use those. Don’t wanna destroy them all” 

“Well excuse me for not thinking you would be lurking in the shadows of the kitchen” I told him, now angry with his presence.

“Someone had to babysit you”

“And you couldn’t make your presence known!” I yelled at him.

“Are you gonna make those or what?” he said nodding to my eggs.

I looked down at my eggs, still in a bad mood “no,” I put them in his hands “you are.” I stated then walked out of the kitchen.

“What kind?” I heard him yell from the kitchen and I froze. Wait. He’s actually gonna make them?

“Wait, you’re really gonna make them for me?” I asked completely shocked. Damon never does anything for anyone else unless if it benefits him.

“Yes Lynn, this way I get two hugs” I could almost hear the smug smile on his face.

I smiled. Whatever eggs for a hug, good deal for me. I get food! I walked back into the kitchen so I could watch him.

“Scrambled” I told him and hopped up onto the counter.

“Look I know I'm sexy as hell but… actually there's no but to that. I'm just sexy as hell” he told me smiling flirtatiously.

“Don’t be too conceited. I'm just making sure you don’t poison my food” 

He put a hand over his heart and faked hurt “ouch. It hurts knowing you don’t trust me” he said 

He finished with my eggs and put them onto a plate and went and got a fork out of the silverware drawer. 

He picked up the plate of eggs with the fork in it and walked over towards me. Before I could make sense of what he was doing I was being lifted into Damon's arms.

“AHH! Damon what are you doing!” I yelled to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs tightly around his waist so I wouldn’t fall. He’s holding me with one arm! What the heck! 

He was walking with me in his arms towards the table when I said, “You know this counts as one of your hugs” 

He chuckled “What a pity” he stated then set me down in a chair at the dining room table and set my eggs down in front of me.

I looked down at the eggs in front of me. They actually looked really good for just being scrambled eggs. I started eating them, man are these good! Once I was done with them I drank the glass of orange juice that Damon had set out for me. I stood up and put my dishes in the sink.

 I then turned to face Damon. He was smirking at me, knowing his cooking was good. I sighed and walked towards him and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging myself to his chest.  He stayed stiff for a second then wrapped his arms back around me, hugging me back. I felt him rest his head on top of my mine, keeping me secure there in his grip. It was at that moment I felt that nothing could hurt me, that nothing could ever tear me away from the feeling I got when he help me there with him. I haven’t felt this way since before he left us all. The night before he left he came and hugged me, little did I know that Damon would be gone the next day.

A loud bang made me jerk out of his grip. Damon stepped away then looked down at me “Stay here” he told me then disappeared.

I ran out to go investigate on my own since Damon decided to just leave me. 

“I want her back!” a man growled towards Damon. They were standing in the middle of the family room glaring at each other.

“You left and you will never get her back. You ruined her life; you don’t deserve to have her back” 

That voice… I know that voice; I know that face, that hair, those eyes.

My breath caught in my throat as the realization hit me “Dad?” I choked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry i keep taking forever to update. im trying to write more so i can just post whenever i get the chance. Anyways please vote and comment. Dont be afraid to let me know what you think!