Chapter 19

A/N: Hey guys, I know I haven't updated in a while but I work now and don't really have much time to write this. Especially cause i'm stuck. I know what I want to happen but I don't know how to put it into words. Anyways it's kind of short but i hope you guys like it. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood staring at myself in the mirror, glad I still had a reflection but what affected me more was that fact that my eyes were no longer their pure blue. Instead they now had green specks among a lighter blue, as if it had a meaning. 

"How come my eyes changed colors?" I asked, turning to face Damon who was sitting on my bed watching me.

"No clue. Never happened to anyone I know. Guess you're just special" he responded with ease.

As I kept gazing at the new me I couldn't help but notice little differences about my appearance. Like how there were no longer bags under my eyes from lack of sleep. Or how my face looked fuller than the pale skeleton it was before from me being drained my Jazz.

That's when a thought hit me: How would they be able to tell us apart now? Before it was easy because I was human and she was a vampire but now she could easily pretend to be me if she had to.

I stood there thinking about that as i chewed on my blood red lip. That's when a random scene came pushing into my head with so much force I had to take a step backwards and put a hand on my head, trying to figure out what was going on.

I blinked a couple of times only to see that I was now watching what looked my life but as a spectator. I saw an eight year old Rikki and Lynn, playing out in the yard behind rikki's house right by the pond.

What's going on? Hey I remember that outfit, Jason got it for me a week after Damon left to try and get my mind off things.

That's when it happened, Rikki started chasing me around the pond but she tripped on her untied shoe lace and fell, rolling over the ground until she tumbled into the water with a huge splash. She fell into a point where it was deep enough that she couldn't touch the bottom and at that age I knew neither of us could swim.

Little me had started running towards the water as an attempt to save her best friend but was stopped soon enough when a tall figure appeared behind her, grabbing her and passing her off to another figure while the first one jumped into the water.

I figured out that the figure I was handed off to was Damon when young me started to cry and hug him, saying how  much she missed him and then latched herself onto his leg as an attempt to keep him from ever leaving again.

Sadly as soon as Jason came out of the water carrying a pale Rikki who was shivering and coughing, Damon stepped forward out of my grip and took off his shirt, wrapping it around Rikki who cuddled into it. As soon as she realized who the shirt came from she jumped into his arms, hugging him tight, afraid that her big brother might disappear again if she let go. We thought so much alike at that age.

Damon said something to Jason and Jason gave his son a quick hug before taking Rikki in his arms then saying something to Damon, nodding at me and saying something then heading back towards the house.

Damon walked towards me and crouched down in front of me, saying something and openign his arms, so little me ran into them, allowing Damon to pick me up and carry me into the house after Jason and Rikki.

Suddenly the scene in front of me faded away and I blinked myself to what looked like reality, making me sit up with a hand on my head and look around, only to find Damon sitting next to me saying "I'm guessing that was one of the compulsion flashbacks".