Holding Out For A Hero [Chapter Fifteen]

Authour's Notice: Hey guys, sorry for the late upload. I almost forgot it was friday and was just about to head of to bed when I remembered. So I'm really worried about the amount of people reading this story. I just feel like very few people are actually reading, and liking. I'm not doing this for any type of attention, but I don't want to keep this story up if no one's reading it. If you are reading, and you are enjoying what you're reading ... I hope this chapter doesn't disapoint. 

-------------------------------------|

Chapter Fifteen

Genevieve’s POV

            There was no denying the tense atmosphere. The cops had politely asked if they could speak alone with Beau and I’s guardian. That role fell onto Aunt Harriet’s shoulders because obviously; she was our guardian. Being away from the constant questions being fired rapidly at me had calmed my nerves somewhat, but I couldn’t push away the fear that bubbled in the pit of my stomach.

            Beau who sat on the toilet seat simply glared haughtily at the wall as if it were Greyson. His face was still covered in dried blood from his bleeding nose and his knuckles were also covered in blood and bruised. If the blood wasn’t washed anyway soon, Beau would be a crusty mess.

            I reached above the sink where I assumed the towels and facecloths were stored. Luckily I was correct. Grabbing a light pink facecloth, I covered it in warm water and soap, heading over to Beau. He was in such a trance he didn’t notice me approach him until I gripped his jaw gently and turned it towards me.

            Beau’s sparkling bright blue eyes snapped up to my own and swiftly the anger flooded away. His jaw remained tense under my thumb however this didn’t bother me. I could understand that he felt threatened. After all, Greyson had broken into our home and entered Aunt Harriet’s room.

 I knew the story all to well because I had listened to Aunt Harriet tell the cops. It was evident that Greyson had though that he had ended up in my room and was ready to snag me from the bed when Aunt Harriet awoke screaming. If Beau hadn’t of burst into the room and whacked him with a bat, who knows what might have happened. I just wished I hadn’t raced up the stairs at the sound of the scream. Maybe then I would’ve been able to avoid seeing his face again.

Beau and I said nothing as I lifted the cloth to his nose and gently scrubbed away the drying blood. He winced from the pressure against his tender nose causing me to be a little gentler. But as I washed away the blood the awkward silence grew and grew until it was ringing and banging like symbols in my ears. Thankfully Beau broke the silence by pushing away my hand and gently prying the damp cloth from my fingers.

“You don’t have to do that Genevieve,” He sighed holding out his knuckles to brush the fabric across them.

“I do Beau,” I whispered taking the cloth from his grasp, grabbing his hand, “It’s my fault he was even here. You wouldn’t have gotten hurt if it wasn’t for me.”

Beau snorted yanking back his hand and the cloth, “Genevieve it’s not like you grabbed my arms and forced me to curl my fingers into a fist to punch him. That was all me. And you weren’t the one that pushed his butt up the tree and through the window. None of this is your fault. You don’t even know why he came after you that day.”

Looking at Beau’s blazing bright blue eyes made me want to tell him so badly that I did know why he came after me the first day. I also knew why he came into our home tonight. I wished I could’ve told them that information too. But I could see the wheels in his head turning much like everyone else’s when I told them that Greyson was the one that attacked me the night of my arrival. When they asked me if I knew why he had attacked and I replied no, everyone was repulsed by the idea of him randomly attacking a teenager. Twice!