Holding Out For A Hero [Chapter Sixteen]

Authour's Notice: Hey guys, how are you? I'm sure you guys have been wondering where I've been these past few months, and I'm uploading to reassure you that I haven't died nor given up on this story. This school year was very busy and hectic for me, a lot more then I had planned for. I just couldn't find the time to upload anything, muchless even write something. Again I apologize for the lack of updates, but I do plan to upload as much as I can this summer. I hope this chapter is worth the wait! This is probably one of my favorite chapters to this story. 

Picture of Lila Paxton (Little girl in the picture) on the side --->

-------------------------------------------------\

Chapter Sixteen

Genevieve’s POV

            After the events of the other night and laying out a protection plan, the thought of school had completely slipped from my mind. Fortunately it hadn’t left Aunt Harriet’s. While we went around the house, securing it, she managed to make a call to Clyde Barrow Senior High and register me. Of course when they put up a fight about room for me she managed to pull a couple of strings.

That meant I’d have to be part of the dance team to get the gym time I would miss because of lack of room. This was cool with me. After all, I had been a dancer back in Jackson Point.

Finally attending school after two weeks of ‘vacation’ time wasn’t helping me with the whole stress level that Greyson had created. The morning of my first day I woke up in a panicked frenzy. Nausea threatened to keep me locked in the bathroom for the day. Not only that but I was clammy, my body covered in a sheen of worried sweat.

I hadn’t been the new kid before and here I was; a small town girl moving to the big city and I’d be the new kid. That scared me more then ever. Even though I knew Beau would hang out with me, and also Vance. But I feared that people wouldn’t like me at Clyde Barrow Senior High either, that I’d face bullying again.

 Shaking I stepped into the bathroom to shower at a mere 6 o’clock in the morning. My outfit had already planned out the night before while I stared wide out the window of my room. It was the only thing I could do that would keep Greyson off my mind for a while.

I wore a blue floral skirt with a brown belt, tucked into a matching deep blue tank top. Cowboy boots Aunt Harriet had allowed me to keep topped off my outfit. I couldn’t help but thank her mentally for letting me keep them.

            My hair was a simple task, for this morning at least. I blew it dry and left it in its natural waves but did one side up in a waterfall braid. As far as my make up went, I rounded my eyes with a light shade of eyeliner and swiped on some clear and sparkly lip gloss. To cover up the remaining bruises and welts, I brushed on some foundation. I didn’t want to make it look like I was trying too hard to impress on my first day, but in reality, that’s what I was doing. Dressing to impress.

            Aunt Harriet had bought me my school supplies yesterday as well. After signing me up for Karate classes she managed to find the time to swing by Staples. It wasn’t much; two brightly coloured binders, and a bright pink pencil case already bursting at the seams from being filled with supplies, but it was enough to get me through my school year. She had also offered to buy me a backpack however knowing how costly backpacks were these days, I refused her offer. I could manage getting through the day carrying three things; it wasn’t much of a hassle.