Holding Out For A Hero [Chapter Fourteen]

Authour's Notice: Hey guys! This is probably a big surprise for you, I'm actually updating on time ! Wow!  Even though I'm surprised, I'm excited for you guys to read this chapter. I'm not sure what it is but a lot of the chapters to follow thirteen are some of my favorites! I hope you like them aswell and if you do, could you please comment, like, fan, and vote? It would mean the world to me! <3

Picture of Greyson on the side (External Link)  --------------->

I know yawl will understand how hard it is to find an actor with dreadlocks. This is the lone one I could find. So please don't chew me out because he doesn't fit Greyson's description. Use your imagination eh? Blonde hair is all you need really. If you have any other options, please let me know? I'd really appreciate it :D 

----------------------------------|

Chapter Fourteen

Greyson’s POV

            The young kid at the rental car place stared at me from under his lashes while he filled out the papers. He seemed to be eyeing the bruises that lined my arms trying to figure out how they had appeared there. Raising my eyebrows I squashed down the menacing chuckle that I wished so badly to release. I crossed my arms defensively causing the kid’s gaze to snap back down to the paper on the desk.

            Finally the kid straightened up and gulped down a breath of uneasy air as he stared at me. The papers in his hands shook showing me that the kid was terrified, and I couldn’t help but feel happy. He shoved the pen with the rental car’s name back into a basket crammed with identical ones before opening his mouth.

            “The car has been filled up so it’s all good to go. If you fill it up before bringing it back we’ll pay for the gas, if not we’ll charge you ten bucks.” The kid shrugged through his unease and handed me my papers, “Bring the papers with you when you return the car. They’ll need it for the cleaning process.”

            Nodding I flashed him a devilish grin. I glanced at his nametag that read ‘Carl’ and looked up at him, “Thanks for your help Carl”

            “No problem Mr. Lee.” Carl stammered.

            I walked towards the black range rover that now belonged to me for a month’s time, and popped open the door. Once inside the cool leather interior, I stored the papers and a .48 revolver into the glove box. Without so much as a wave, I tore out of the National Car Rentals parking lot and onto the highway.

            Feeling smug, a smirk spread across my cheeks. I finally had a sturdy vehicle. I didn’t have to continue to hot wire cars during the night just to keep Genevieve, her Aunt and that stupid kid from identifying me. Before too long I’d have her and kill her in enough time to receive my payment from the Raiders.

I wanted to get rid of Genevieve quickly because the money given to me by the Raiders would be enough to get me out of my debts. It was a whole lot of money that they were willing to pay for the person whom they believe killed their daughter. I was just glad it was I who they decided would be good enough to complete the task. I wasn’t about to let them down. Especially considering there had never been a time that I failed to complete a job. Why would I start now?

I doubted I’d have any trouble completing the task. After all, I was trying to kill a sixteen year old who couldn’t stand up for herself. Which made it difficult for me to understand why such a tiny, innocent looking kid would murder her own best friend? But I wasn’t going to argue if I was being paid.