Holding Out For A Hero [Chapter Twenty]

Authour's Notice: Hi guys, hope your having a good weekend. Hope you enjoy todays update. Please, please, please, comment and vote. Sometimes a person needs a little encouragement! 

-------------------------------|

Chapter Twenty

Beau’s POV

            Phys Ed really was the best way to blow off steam. Especially when Coach McPherson had ordered a game of tackle football out on the back field for all the people who had enough balls to play. Everyone else had to run as many laps as time permitted around the field. Which also meant they were in danger of being ploughed if they got in the way of the football game. Naturally all the boys chose to play tackle football, and all the girls who weren’t brave enough to participate with us were jogging hazardously around the field.

            To say I was putting every ounce of energy I had into this game would probably be understatement. I was running myself ragged. Nobody remained standing when I threw all of my body weight against them, nor could they catch me when I caught the ball and sped off. I was livid and all that anger I had thrown full fledge into this game.

People were staring at me disgustedly. They were probably thinking I was that idiot kid who thought of gym as the Olympics. Little did they know that sports were my outlet for my anger. I needed this much more than they realized.

My team was winning by at least ten downs, when Vance grabbed the back of my dark blue piny and yanked me to a stop. Whirling around I attempted to glare him down and get him to retract his hand, but Vance being my best friend, returned the glare just as deadly.

“Game’s over everyone,” Vance hollered, “Move it. Nothing to see here”

“There’s always something to see when Beau get’s bent out of shape.” A kid, who played on the LAX team with me, snorted as he snatched the ball from my hands and waved everyone a couple feet away. I shot him a death glare and even though it hit the center of his back, by the way he cringed I knew he could feel it burning a hole through him.

“What do you want Vance?” I snarled wrenching myself free from his grasp. Crossing my arms defensively over my chest I narrowed my eyes at him, taking two steps back.

“To know what’s got you so ticked off!” Vance cried, throwing his hands up in the air. “I’ve never seen you this angry in a long time, and I’m thinking it may have something to do with you storming out of Dayan’s. So start fessing up, or I’ll start guessing, and you know you really don’t want me going there”

“God Vance,” I chuckled bitterly, “You really don’t know when to leave an angry person alone, do you?”

Vance shook his head, “I will punch you, I swear to God.”

Sighing exasperated I knew I had no other choice. Vance was my best friend and whether or not I wanted to admit it, I did know that having him guess was suicidal. But I wasn’t telling him every little detail. I’m sure if Genevieve found out I let her little secret slip, she’d hate me even more then she probably did now.