Holding Out For A Hero [Chapter One]

Authour's Notice: Hello wonderful readers. First of all I'd just like to say, thank you. The Prologue got so many positive comments and votes that I was exploding with happiness. I just love writing this story and even with the prologue out there and knowing that you guys enjoyed it thoroughly, I'm thrilled. I can't wait to keep going with this project, and to see what you all have to say as the story pogresses. It would really mean a lot to me if you could continue voting and commenting if you are liking what you're reading, and if you like my story enough and wouldn't mind reading my other works, that you might fan. It means the world to me, you guys have no idea!

Genevieve's picture can be located on the side --->

------------------------------------------------------------------|

Chapter One

Genevieve’s POV

I stood in the dark hallway of my house. I was in a pair of my comfiest skinny jeans, a maroon sweatshirt and a pair of Nike sneakers. My wavy blonde hair was pinned up into a bun. The frizz was pulled back with a couple bobby pins and a black headband.  

In my hand I held a Victoria Secret kit bag given to me by my brother Flynn for Christmas. It was packed full of clothing and a few of my favourite things. Photo albums, drawing paper, charcoal pencils and coloured pencils, my childhood teddy bear –Snuffles- and my make up.

I was standing above the steps gazing behind my shoulder at everything I was leaving behind. My family had no idea that I was leaving. They would remain here while I left. Running away from my problems yet again. At the back of my mind was the nagging sensation that they had been there through all my years of bullying without judging, but running away was what I did best. Jackson Point was suffocating me.

Being bullied had taken its toll. I was bullied for being blind in my left eye and there was nothing I could do about it. I was born blind, and all the laser eye surgeries were way out of my family’s price range. You couldn’t fix something that didn’t have a place in being fixed.

I could still see better than most with a single eye, but to close minded people it made no difference. I was still the target of cruel comments. All of those hateful comments ripped away a little piece of my heart every time. You’d think that hitting High School would mature the immature. But if anything, it made them worse. They learned nothing over summer vacation. Their egos just grew and their confidence skyrocketed.

I hadn’t spent one school year without harsh comments sent my way. All the other children thought of me as weird, someone who was unfit to be friends with. This was like a written rule in the elementary book of popularity. While all the other kids were off playing princesses and pirates, I sat on the sidelines with a long face, wishing I could join them.

However there was always Avalon Raider who had been my best friend since birth. She was born on the other side of the curtain ten minutes before I was. Our parents became best friends that day and Avalon and I were never far apart.

Avalon and I were complete opposites but even so, we never fought over anything. Merely small little things, like what to eat for a snack or which movie to watch on movie night. Last Songor the Notebook?