Mistakes were Made S2 E1

A/N

I wasn't sure whether to do this or not but I decided I will. Some of you may have noticed that the last chapter was slightly crappier than the others and that it was posted a bit later than usual. In all honesty, I wasn't feeling very inspired last week and ended up leaving it to the last minute. So, I am sorry about that. I can promise you that this chapter will be better (I hope). Anyway, back to the story.

"I know who you are, Cornelius Sigan."

Cedric/ Sigan looked at me for a minute before chuckling to himself.

"They always said you'd be smart," He chuckled humourlessly.

"Who did? You've been in a tomb for God knows how long. Who is they?" I asked, taking a few steps away from him.

"The Princess and the Servant. The magical daughter of the magic hating King. I always thought that it was too good to be true," Sigan said, stepping towards me.

"How do you know that?" I questioned, referring to the part about Merlin and myself.

"It was prophesised many moons ago. You can feel it, can't you?"

"Feel what?"

"The magic; the magic that pulses through your veins. It was only a matter of time before you accepted who you are."

"The only reason that I have magic is because I was attacked by a witch. I absorbed some of her powers, that's all," I told him as calmly as I could. Some of that calmness left me when I felt my back press up against the wall.

"That's what you believe? You foolish, naïve girl. It was always a part of you. You just needed it to be woken up. I can guess that the magic started when a certain Warlock arrived in Camelot?" I didn't say anything. "I thought so. You have a gift, my dear. It is foretold that you will know the truth, but not from my doing."

"The truth? What truth?" I asked.

"You have the potential to do great things and with my help... you can do even more," Sigan continued, ignoring my question, standing right in front of me.

His hand lifted up and I felt him brush a piece of hair out of my face. I squirmed under his touch but was made to stand still when he caressed my cheek.

"I don't want your help, nor do I need it," I said firmly, grabbing his wrist and pushing it away from me.

"And that's the reason I must help you. You can't even see how doomed you would be without my assistance," He sighed, completely unfazed by my pushing him away. "We could do great things together. We could cleanse Camelot of the filth and impurity, and born from it would be a new, improved Camelot. A place where those with magic would rule and all those who apposed us would suffer."

"You know, you're not really selling this to me. I don't want to rule anything. I don't want people to suffer because of their beliefs. And that's reason why I must decline your offer, Sigan. Because I believe in a place where everyone is equal, not where magic and its power is abused. I do not need your help. Sorry," I apologised emotionlessly.

"You have fire, my dear. I like fire and I had a feeling you might say that. So I came prepared," Sigan said before shoving me out onto Arthur's balcony.

"If you're going to kill me just get on with it," I snarled at him.

"Kill you? I don't want to kill you. Not today anyway. I just thought that you should have a front row seat to the destruction of Camelot," Sigan replied, brushing a hair of his shoulder. "Even if you don't want to, you will help me destroy Camelot."