Helping Hands S2 E5

Considering all that Gwen and myself had been through little over a week ago, you would think that my father would be less harsh on us; I was wrong

Considering all that Gwen and myself had been through little over a week ago, you would think that my father would be less harsh on us; I was wrong. I could be on my death bed and he's probably tell me off for being idle.

But today I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of it so I made sure that I was up early and wandering around the village doing all that I could to help.

Just as I passed a small stall selling bread, I noticed a small child eyeing up one of the loaves. I watched the child for a moment before I realised I recognised him from the attack of Cornelius. It was clear that he had the intention of stealing the bread as he probably had no money.

So to make sure he didn't get into any trouble, I walked over to the stall to get the boy some bread.

"Good morning, Mr. Verne," I said, walking over to the stall.

"That it is, my Lady," Mr. Verne replied. "What is it I can do for you?"

"Not much. I was just wishing to purchase a loaf of your finest bread," I told him.

"Of course," Mr. Verne nodded before heading over to the back of his stall and grabbing a large loaf. "Here. Take it free of charge." I took the loaf and placed it in the small bag I was carrying.

"You know I could do no such thing," I smiled gently, handing over a handful of coins.

"You are too generous, my Lady," Mr. Verne said.

"It's really the least I could do," I replied. "Have a good day."

"You too, my Lady," Mr. Verne replied, turning back to his customers who had been watching.

I then walked over to the small child, who was now leaning up against a wall, pretending to not be doing anything. When he saw me approaching him, he straightened up and quickly fixed his hair.

"Hello," I smiled gently.

"Hi, Princess," The child replied nervously.

"What's your name?" I asked even though I already knew it.

"Leo, your highness," the child said.

"I remember you," I informed him.

"You do?" Leo smiled.

"I do. How's your sister, Aria, was it?" I asked.

"She's fine. She's picking some flowers in the meadow," Leo said.

"And does she know that you were about to steal that nice man's bread?" I asked him, an eyebrow raised.

"I—I didn't—the thing is—" Leo panicked, making me crouch down to his height and rest my hands on his shoulders.

"You don't need to worry. I won't tell anyone," I gave him a small smile before reaching into my bag. "And anyway, you can have this without all that hassle."