A Date In the Woods S2 E7 *

A/N
What is this is see?? Another double chapter?!?!? Woooooo!!!!! Enjoy yet another chapter, you are welcome, my dears!!

After the whole Arthur-dying-and-coming-back-to-life situation, the thing I really wanted to do was get away for a while, clear my head. Obviously, I couldn't do that. But that didn't mean that I didn't need a small break, even if it were only for a couple of hours.

It had been about a week since it all happened and things were back to how they had been before Camelot trialed having a troll for a Queen. Arthur was back to his usual self as it had taken a couple of days for the side effects of the potion to wear off.

I was currently strolling around the town square with Arthur, ranting to him about how a break from all this drama would be so nice

I was currently strolling around the town square with Arthur, ranting to him about how a break from all this drama would be so nice. You know, it just always felt like a battle was seconds away from breaking out and I had no idea how to stop that feeling as I knew it was a stupid superstitious feeling and probably meant nothing.

Not long after we had left the town square was Arthur called away by another knight to help out with something. Apparently there was a problem in the kitchens. So once again I wandered around the castle alone. But not for long... As I passed the outside of the armoury, I felt a presence fall in step beside me.

I turned to my right and saw Merlin walking by my side, a smile on his face as if he had been planning something.

"Hey?" I said nervously.

"Hey," Merlin replied, the same smile still etched on his face. "I have a surprise for you."

I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head slightly. Part of me was intrigued to know what he was talking about but the other part of me was absolutely terrified.

"Is that so?" I smiled.

"Mm-hmm," Merlin nodded. "Follow me."

Luckily, there was no one around this part of the castle so when Merlin grabbed onto my hand, I didn't worry that we were gonna be caught. Merlin then led us deeper and deeper into the forest until we were far from the main citadel of Camelot.

"Merlin, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," Merlin replied.

When Merlin finally allowed us to stop, we were on top of a hill covered by hundreds of trees, hiding us from the view of any others. I could see the castle ahead of us and as the sunlight reflected off the windows and shone against the beige bricks, I sighed in content.

I then noticed Merlin wasn't standing next to me anymore and when I turned around, I saw him rush back round to my side. With the same smile on his face, he held onto my hand again and led me a little further into the woods until he finally let us stop and my mouth dropped open.

In front of me was a woven quilt with a small picnic basket on the side of it. A bunch of cushions were strewn across the quilt and small bunches of snowdrops were growing around the area.