A Wedding to Remember S2 E5

After Merlin's attempt at revealing 'Lady Catrina's true nature, I snuck out of the room and followed Merlin and Gaius back to their place so we could discuss our next move.

But before Gaius or I even had the chance to open our mouths to suggest something, Merlin began apologising profusely like he always does.

"I'm sorry. I tried. I gave it everything I had," Merlin apologised, waving his arms around in frustration.

"It's not your fault, Merlin," I assured him, grabbing onto his arms gently to stop the waving before he ended up hitting someone.

"You did your best," Gaius agreed.

"The Spell of Revelation is powerful magic. She could feel it, I could see she could feel it," Merlin insisted.

"Oh, yeah. She definitely felt it. Didn't you see her face? It was like something was moving under it. It was quite disgusting actually," I added the last bit with a shiver.

"Her magic must be strong indeed to be able to resist you," Gaius said.

"Well, he is pretty irresistible," I muttered, making Merlin smile at me but Gaius sigh exasperated. "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist it."

I could see Merlin trying to hold back a laugh while Gaius just rested his face in his hands.

"So... back to the situation at hand. What do we do next?" I asked, changing the subject.

No one had any ideas until I felt Merlin grab hold of my hand and start to lead me to the door.

"Where are you going?" Gaius asked.

"To see Arthur. He's our only hope," Merlin replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin and I ran towards Arthur's room but part of me had a feeling that this was a bad idea. Let's just say that Arthur wasn't exactly the most likely person to believe something like this. Despite this, I still agreed to go along with Merlin. Hopefully, stop Arthur killing him if we crossed a line.

When we walked into his room, Arthur was shrugging on a jacket, his face turned away from us.

"Maybe I should break the news," I whispered to Merlin as we walked over to Arthur.

"That's probably best," Merlin agreed.

Merlin and I then stopped just in front of Arthur who was putting his sword into belt and had clearly been watching us the whole time.

"Yes?" Arthur encouraged, looking at us expectantly.

"Arthur, I'm going to tell you something. It's not going to be easy," I admitted.

"Right," Arthur said hesitantly.

"It concerns the Lady Catrina," Merlin said.

"No, you're not using my chambers to spy on her again. I don't care if Chelsea agrees to it," Arthur told him, making me roll my eyes.

"Oh, no. Trust me. I saw everything I needed to see," Merlin assured him, making both Arthur and I look at him.

"I'm sure you did," Arthur muttered, turning away.

"Arthur..." I began before taking a deep breath and admitting the truth to Arthur. "She's a troll."

Not surprisingly, Arthur just started laughing, looking back over at us.

"She's not that bad," Arthur laughed.

"I'm being serious," I told him.

"She is an actual troll," Merlin added.