To Prove my Love S2 E10

Third Person POV

If you had told Merlin that morning that he would be stuffing the unconscious body of the woman he loved into the man-he-hated's cupboard he would have called you absolutely insane. But here he was, doing exactly that. Making sure she was leaning against the wall to offer some sort of comfort, Merlin carefully shut the door just as prince Louis strutted into the room.

"Why are you hanging around like a bad smell?" Louis asked Merlin as he walked over to him, casually munching on an apple. "It's me who needs to bathe. I'm not going to win my love stinking like an old kipper."

"No, my Lord," Merlin muttered, taking the jacket Louis chucked at him.

"Where is she?" Olaf's voice boomed through the room as he stormed in. "I know she's in here, Louis. Release her now, or so help me God, my son, you will feel my wrath."

"What's he talking about?" Louis muttered to Merlin, who shook his head in response.

"She wasn't even dressed," Trickler added.

"If I have dishonoured you in some way, father, then by all means provide me with proof and I'll face the consequences," Louis said calmly.

"Trickler tells me that Uther's daughter is in your chambers," Olaf answered.

The man himself, Uther, was currently looking like he wanted to be anywhere but here. He had personally made sure that Arthur had kept an eye on his sister so he knew these accusations couldn't be true.

"If only that were true," Louis replied with a lovesick smile gracing his face. This caused Olaf's anger to surface into a physical nature as he grabbed onto his son's jacket in a warning matter.

"If only that were true, you would not look so foolish," Merlin stepped in, trying to calm the aggravated king.

Though Merlin hated the man and would happily see him shipped back off to his kingdom, he knew that should Olaf see fit, he could declare war over this matter.

After glancing over at Merlin, who gave him an awkward smile, Olaf released his son's jacket and instead turned to his guards.

"Search the room," Olaf ordered his guards before turning back to Louis and pointing a finger right up into his face. "You'd better hope I don't find her."

"Behaepse faest," Merlin muttered under his breath, letting out a sigh of relief when he heard the door lock behind him.

He watched in silence as the guards searched the room and just as he felt some hope that they would leave without looking in the cupboard he was leaning against that contained his unconscious love, Trickler turned around and eyed up that exact cupboard. Humming an out of tune and unrhythmical tune, Trickler approached the cupboard and gestured for Merlin to move. Doing as requested, Merlin moved to the side and let him try to open it. When the doors refused to open, Merlin gave him a small smile.

"That door hasn't opened in years," Merlin told him.

Eyeing Merlin suspiciously, Trickler tried to open the doors again, but failed once again. Before he could even react, the wrath of Olaf was turned on him instead.

"You buffoon! You've made an idiot of me," Olaf exclaimed, grabbing Trickler by the jacket and chucking him towards the doors. Clearly ashamed of the last five minutes of his life, Olaf turned to look at his son, who was trying his best to hide a small smirk. "I am so terribly sorry, my son, to have disturbed you. I do hope you will forgive me."

"Of course, Father," Louis responded with a smile.

"Check on the Lady Chelsea, and remain outside her room," Uther ordered. "I will make sure that no risks are taken, Olaf."