Chapter Two

Tehran's POV

"Come on Kitty. Eat up," I looked disapprovingly at the still full plate of pancakes and eggs. I strode towards him and picked up the plate. Cutting up a piece of pancake I stuck it on a fork and pressed it to his lips. He looked at me defiantly.

"Eat," I said sternly. Something flickered in his eyes as he opened up his sweet mouth. He took the pancake tentatively and screwed up his face as he chewed. I chuckled at his blatant dislike of the food.

He swallowed as if it were sharp nails he was eating.

"So you don't like pancakes and you haven't touched the eggs. So what do you want babe?"

My wolf was agitated. It didn't like knowing that our mate hasn't eaten since he's been rescued. Added to the fact that my Kitty doesn't talk, it made it that much harder to feed him. If cooked food doesn't work, I might have to try him with raw meat.

"Do you want some milk?" Cats like milk, right? At least kittens? Right?

He tilted his head to the side and blinked several times. His little fingers encircled my mouth and he kept opening his mouth.

"Milk?" I said the best I could what with his fingers trapping my lips. I mind linked Beta Michael to bring me a tall glass of warm milk.

A few minutes later, a knock sounded at the door, interrupting me and my Kitty's staring contest. I grunted out a response and the door opened cautiously. Michael stepped into the room, never taking his eyes off of my Kitty and in turn my Kitty turned from adorable and playful to fiercely protective. He hissed at Michael and positioned his petite body in a crouch in front of me.

"Give him the milk Michael. He's just a bit territorial."

Michael looked at me warily. He outstretched the glass of milk to my Kitty and my Kitty carefully stood up. He stalked Michael and the sight of a near 6'4 man cowering underneath the gaze of mere 5'1 man was comical. He had a right to be scared though.

My Kitty took the glass from his hand and came back to stand in front of me. He gave me the milk and I shooed Michael out. I took a sip of it and used all of my control to keep from making a disgusted face. Gad, I hate milk.

I put it towards his lips and he tentatively sipped at it. A spark lit in his eyes as he snatched the glass from my hand and gulped it all down in record time.

Success.

***

I had a meeting with the council and I didn't know what to do. On one hand I wanted to bring my precious mate with me, but I didn't want the council to question me. They were a bunch of homophobic idiots who were stuck in their traditional roots. On the other hand I didn't want to leave my Kitty alone. The last time I did that he got curious about the TV and managed to smash it. There was no one I trusted enough to watch him as my warriors and guards were a bit disgruntled at my scolding.

And no one knew officially that he was my mate.

So I was in Dr. Malone's office at the hospital.

"Alpha, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need you to keep the leopard company for a few hours," I replied curtly.

"Of course. If it suits you, I would like to work with him on his speech and maybe take him on some of my rounds. Today is mostly children so you have nothing to fear," he looked at my Kitty with a softened look. My Kitty had half shifted and was using his human hands to play with his leopard tail. That translated to smacking it in my face every few seconds.

"Fine. But make sure he is comfortable. If I come back and he is not in the pristine condition that I brought him to you, I will not hesitate to kill you," I stared at him coldly as a furry tail tickled my neck.

"Yes sir," he stammered out.

I turned back to my beloved mate and took his hands in mine.

"I'm going to be gone for a short time. Stay with the doctor," I kissed his forehead as he mewled. As I stepped back he wrapped his tail around my waist.

"Baby I have to go. The sooner I leave, the sooner I come back," I looked into his round eyes and my heart stuttered at the glistening orbs.

He whined at me and I simply smiled at him to show that I would be back and he doesn't have to panic. I ran my hand down the length of his tail and tucked it into his hands.

"I'll be back soon. I promise."

***

"Alpha Tehran," the head council member bowed towards me.

I nodded in his direction.

"In regards to the snow leopard that you have so graciously allowed into our midst," he began, "are you intending to make him a pack member or are you going to kill him? It's already been a full two days. The people are getting antsy."

I growled lowly in my throat. My wolf and I were beginning to get pissed off.

"Because as you know, thoguh they are a dying breed, they are practically feral," he continued.

He didn't get a chance to finish his monologue as I had jumped on him and held him down by the throat. What was it with these fucking wolves thinking they can just call my mate feral?! All logic and reasoning left my body and I pressed down harder. This was the danger of an Alpha not having a Luna present to balance their emotions. We feel emotions so strongly that at times, it's nearly unbearable.

The council member clawed at my hands and I growled in his face. It was a message from my wolf that he should submit and he obediently showed his neck to me. I snarled as I lifted myself off of him. He stayed on the ground as he knew that if he got back up I would take it as a challenge. I nodded at him and he got up on shaky legs. The other council members looked calm and stoic, used to the volatile nature of my wolf.

"Continue," I said silently.

"We'll just let you deal with the leopard as you see fit Sir," he swallowed nervously. I smiled.

"Any other matters?" I looked around the room sweetly.

***

"Can everyone just please calm down?" Dr. Malone's flustered voice was the first thing I heard when I stepped onto the children's ward.

"Leopard please don't-" a crash was heard and then a frustrated sigh. I kept my amusement to myself as I hurried towards the doctor's voice.

He was in the nursery and all of the pups were playing with my Kitty's tail. They kept chasing and attacking it and my Kitty added fuel to the fire by swishing it all around him. He was laying on his chest and an adorable pup was gnawing on one of his ears.

I could tell the exact moment my love registered that I was there. He scrambled up and jumped on me, his front and back paws wrapped around me like a vine. He kept purring and rubbing his furry face into my neck. I smelled him and almost moaned at his delicious scent.

A nip at my pants leg had me glancing down at the little pups that were circling me.

My Kitty glanced down and jumped off me and began to chase the little pups around the room. They barked playfully as my Kitty playfully snarled at them.

"So how was he?" I turned my face to the doctor, trying to hold in my laughter.

"As your pack member, I would say he was fine," he turned to me with a smirk on his his lips, "but as your father, I would say he is a ball of destruction and joy."

I laughed. He was so right.