Chapter Eight

Skyler's POV

He was so beautiful. And he was all mine. I watched my big wolf as he came out of the bathroom with a towel slung low on his hip.

I watched as those droplets disappeared into the cotton and I watched his muscles flex as he used a separate towel to wipe his hair. He still hadn't noticed that I was awake but I was content with watching him.

When he was about to drop the towel, I purred. Immediately his eyes met mine and I could feel my face go thermonuclear red. He smiled at me and walked towards the closet and closed the door.

I blinked back the tears that had gathered. Why would he not want me to see him naked? Was it because I stopped our mating yesterday? I honestly was just scared. He was my first everything and I didn't want to do something stupid. Did he not want me as his mate anymore?

A whimper left my lips as a sharp pang went through my chest. I loved him so much.

"Kitty what's wrong?" He exclaimed once he got out. He ran towards me and gathered me into his arms. I could feel his rough palms caressing my skin, looking for any ailment.

I looked at him and put my hands on his chest.

"Your chest hurts baby? Did you eat another taco? Baby you know that gives you heartburn," he kissed my forehead.

I shook my head and I cupped his face. I tried to tell him with my eyes what I meant but he only scrunched his nose. I took a deep breath and touched his crotch. I immediately felt it swell and that scared me.

"It's okay. That means that I am attracted to you. Were you crying because of yesterday?" He played in my hair.

I meekly nodded burying my face into his chest. I glared at his white T-shirt that was preventing me from rubbing my face in his chest fur.

"I've told you that we will mate when you're ready. It doesn't make me love you any less."

I grinned at him and on impulse pecked his lips. Before we could go further a knock sounded at the door. I took a whiff of the air and growled lowly in my throat.

It was that stupid Beta Michael.

"Alpha, we need you to come subdue the leopard's father. He is asking for him," Michael said with a glance in my direction.

I whimpered and held onto my wolf. I didn't want him to leave me. I didn't want him to go see that monster.

"It's okay baby," he hugged me close and I purred at the intimate contact, "I'm going to handle it. In the mean time, I'm leaving you with Mike. Be good baby."

He kissed my forehead and walked out the door, but not before he grabbed the stupid beta's shoulder. And from the wince on his face, I deduced that my man sent him a warning. The sound of the door closing had the Beta looking at me wearily.

"Are you hungry Luna?" he asked nervously. I hid my smile. It always amused me how he would be scared of me. I'm literally half his size.

I raised my brow.

He sighed exasperatedly. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Would you like some milk and bread or would you like something different?"

I grinned at him. Immediately, he gulped.

"Milk and bread then," he muttered.

Tehran's POV

"I can't allow you to see him," I said for the thousandth time.

"But he's my son Alpha!" Andrew screeched.