Chapter Five

To say that my Kitty was displeased that his parents were coming was an understatement. It was a struggle to get him to eat this morning and an even harder time getting him to take a bath. He was surly and pouty and made his displeasure known by frequently hissing.

"Baby come on out," I coaxed lying on my stomach in the door of my closet, "I have to get you to the safe room."

I had told Michael to go up to my apartment to get my Kitty to the safe room while I dealt with his parents. I should have known better since those two have never gotten along. So now I had to deal with a frightened and pissed off mate and I had his parents coming in a while.

"I promise that I wouldn't let anything happen to you. I need you protected. I'll have Ben stay with you. Will that make you feel better?" I outstretched my hands towards him.

I felt a wet nose nudge my hands and I smiled. I curled my hands around his head and pet him ad best as I could. He slowly emerged and when he saw my prone position on the floor he immediately pounced on me and began licking my face earnestly.

A warm fuzzy feeling spread through me as I realised he was marking his territory.

"Come on Kitty," I stood up and kissed his furry head, "let's get you to the safe room."

I handed him off to Ben when I heard the commotion from outside increase. I hurried Ben along and he sent me a concerned gaze. Ever since I handled his little mate problem we had gotten exponentially closer.

All it took was me hunting the mutt down and placing him in a special holding cell that we reserved for mates who dare reject their other half. It was a room that was visually stimulated. I made Dave watch Ben die in front of him for 6 hours straight. I could feel his and his wolf's pain. It was a burning fire that rapidly spread through your chest that either made you go insane or die. After each time Ben died, I made him resurrect back to life only to die again. It was pure torture for a wolf whether you agreed with the pairing or not.

Now Dave was stuck grovelling for my little brother's forgiveness. And I was so proud that Ben was making him work for it.

Michael flagged my right side and he sighed as we saw my warrior wolves escorting two men. I furrowed my brows and looked on with confusion. I thought Michael had told me his parents were coming. They both looked a little like my Kitty.

Despite my confusion, I had a stern expression on my face as they approached.

"Let's move this to my office," I stated and turned around. They all followed me as I climbed the grand staircase.

"Alpha, do we really need this entourage?" One of the men asked. His arrogant tone coupled with the snide comment caused me and my wolf to bristle.

"You could always leave," I sat in my office chair and turned my full attention to them, "My wolves would be more than happy to escort you off my lands."

"We need to discuss this," the other one stated, albeit quietly.

"Well let's start with your names," I raised a brow. It seemed that these people had not been interacting with other people for a long while.

"My name is Andrew," the blond one murmured.

"And I am Leon," the rude dark haired one stated, "and we want Skyler back."

Hmm. Skyler...I liked that name. It suited him.

"I am afraid that I can't do that," I stated calmly, "he's my mate and no one is taking him away from me."

Leon stood up and banged his fist on my desk. I didn't even flinch as one of the warriors put him in a chokehold.

"This is my territory. Disrespect will not be tolerated."