Chapter Thirteen

So my first ever dedication goes to Ssaarrtt for this amazing cover art.

Thank you so much!

Tehran's POV

Skyler had changed and I didn't know what to think about it.

He had called me Wolfy for the first time last week and since then he hasn't stopped calling me that. It made my hear soar and leap but it was sometimes embarrassing because the warriors would laugh at me. So far he hadn't uttered another word and I was confused.

After the initial word, wasn't he supposed to be talking my ear off?

But the point right now, is that he has changed. Almost overnight. And it was largely unsettling.

It started with him not wanting me to hug or kiss him in public. He would say my nickname in an affectionate tone, however, to compensate, but I still didn't like it.

Then he refused to let me pamper him. Gone were the days where I would draw him a soothing bath, and have the sexual tension in the room at an all time high. He won't even let me see him naked anymore.

He's become harsher and less like the adorable mate that I knew him to be. He doesn't even play with the pack pups anymore, choosing, rather to sit and listen to boring men drone about pack finances.

I was confused and scared. I was scared that my Kitty, in an effort to seem "more grown up" was losing himself.

"Kitty," I called out to him. I saw him visibly wince and I sighed. So now I wasn't allowed to call him by his nickname?

"Skyler," I tried again. He turned his head towards me and he nodded.

"Wolfy," every time he said it, my heart would do a tiny jump in my chest.

"How about we go out? We could go visit the pups and-"

He shook his head immediately, causing whatever joy that I felt at my nickname to dissipate.

"Well I guess if you want to stay in, we could," I tried to make the rejection not bother me but inside I was struggling to keep my emotions at bay.

My wolf whimpered and I sighed helplessly.

"Baby, you know that what Mike said isn't true, right? You're still adjusting and besides you shouldn't change your entire personality just because someone wants you to," I reached out towards him and he flinched away from my touch.

I couldn't hold my tears in anymore. I got off the bed and practically sprinted towards the door. I was desperately trying to not let him see the stream of tears going down my face. I closed the door, leaving him in there, and made my way to my office.

Maybe, if I focus on the upcoming council elections, it would take my mind off of my confused Leopard.

***

"Be sure to post a reminder to the pack of the council elections and check up on Devlin. I want to ensure that he isn't getting up to any trouble. And have his father arranged to be transported to the retirement home on the outskirts of our land; but be sure that he is always guarded," I looked up to see if Mike got all of that.

"Yes Alpha. And thank you for not revoking my title," he said gratefully.

I didn't acknowledge his statement. I didn't care to. I had already dealt out his punishment for his disrespect and I still felt like I went easy on him.