Chapter 12

Harry

After we made love, I snuggled closer to him and whispered, "I love you" I felt him stiffen beside me, but I could not deny it any longer. It was true, I was completely, madly, and deeply in love with him. I don't care if I just scared him with my declaration. I had to let him know. We continued like this in silence. All I can hear is the steady sound of our breathing. I closed my eyes and will my self to sleep.

I woke up around 6 in the morning next to a cold sheet. I see a note laying on his pillow.

Harry,

I had to leave early this morning. Feel free to use anything you need and take all the time you need. I will see you later in the office. Let yourself out when you're ready.

Alex

I feel the tears threaten my eyes. This is the Alex the world knows. The one who beds women and leaves their bedside before dawn. Well in this case, his bedside. He sounded so cold and distant. I felt as if I was one of those women he picked up and decided to have fun with. He managed to make something so special to me, seem so cheap and amount it to nothing. He was my first. I wanted to give myself for the first time to someone I love completely. I've loved him from the first moment I saw him. He had this hard look on his face, but he still managed to look handsome. One look at him and I was a goner. I watched him with countless women, and I have given up hope that he would notice me, until a week ago, when he asked me to accompany him to a meeting he has in Paris. The meeting ended early so we had a few days to explore the place. It was the best days of my life.

Remembering the time when we danced together, I can't believe I actually thought he has already fallen in love with me. Clearly, I was trapped in my own fairy tale. He doesn't love me. I finally give up the fight and let the tears fall on my face.

After a while, I wiped my tears away and make my way to grab my clothes and head to the bathroom. Feeling like I'm finally ready to leave. I look around the room one last time, thinking that this will be the last time I will be here.

I make my way to the door. I set the alarm and with one last glance around, and I leave. I feel the tears threaten my eyes again, but I wipe them away. how am I suppose to face him after what happened? Well if he can act so cold and distant after what we just shared, then I will do the same. I will not let him get the satisfaction knowing that he has hurt me so deeply.

As I was leaving Alex's building, I see Roger waiting for me. He sees me and he starts to walk towards me.

"Harry, Mr. Harrington has asked me to drive you where you need to go," he said smiling politely at me.

"Thanks Roger, but there's no need for that. I'll take a cab," I said to him. I don't need any favours from Alex.

"Harry , please, let me drive you home."

I smile at him, "Ok, but I'm taking the cab to the office." Roger has always been nice to me, and I don't want to get him in trouble with Alex, so I accepted.

"It's a deal."

As we were driving him, I was trying so hard not to cry. I really don't want Roger to what happened. I suspect he already knows I slept with him, from the fact that I stayed the night, but I don't what him to know the whole story. I don't need to be humiliated even more.

Once we got to my building, I quickly thanked Roger and went inside my building. Once I was inside my apartment, I let myself cry again.

Roger

There was definitely something wrong. I could tell that Harry was trying so hard not to cry. Alex seemed to be in a bad mood as well. After last night, seeing them so close to each other, I would have thought things were finally getting serious between the two of them. So serious that Alex took her to his place and prepared dinner for her. I've worked with my son for years and not once did he bring a woman home to his place. It was always their place or a hotel. So now I'm sitting here in my car, outside Harry's apartment wondering what in the hell has gone wrong between the two of them.