Chapter 9

Harry

I don't know what possessed me to admit that to Alex, but I just couldn't deny it any longer, besides this is what it's about isn't it? I want him to fall in love with me, and what better way to do that than to spend as much time with him as I could.

The way he comforted me and apologized to me, made me feel like he already cares a whole lot for me. I just hope and pray that his care turns into love.

We spend the next couple of days meeting with clients. Our days are filled with one meeting after another. By the time Alex and I get to bed, we are both too exhausted to do anything, but cuddle and fall into a deep sleep. We instantly fell into a rhythm. We sleep together, wake up together, and while I take a shower Alex conducts business on his phone, and gets updates on what's going on in his New York branch. After I shower, it's his turn, and after we get ready, we both head to the kitchen to eat breakfast, which his housekeeper prepares for us. After that, we face the long day ahead of us again, filled with endless meetings. I can't imagine spending another 3 days of doing this. I finally can't take it and I let Alex know.

"Alex, I can't do this anymore!!! I swear, if we go to another meeting, I am going to kill myself!"

He chuckles, "Don't worry, tonight you'll finally be able to wear one of the dresses I asked you to purchase. We'll be going to a gala tonight."

"Do I have to go with you? I mean, surely you'd want to bring a date for that?" I asked him, dreading his answer. I don't want him to bring a date. I want him to be with me.

"Ry, what makes you think I'll take another woman with me to the gala when I have you? Isn't this the reason why I asked you to purchase a few dresses, so that you can accompany me to these events?" He asked, clearly annoyed with me.

I bit my lip and I look down. "Sorry" I whispered.

He walks towards me and lifts my chin to make me look up at him. "Hey, look at me. Look Ry, I know that you're confused with what's between us, but can't we just enjoy what we have right now?" Hell, I'm even confused with what the hell I'm doing.

I nod, and smile slightly at him.

He gives me a chaste kiss and said, "Good, now will you please be my date tonight?"

He gives me his puppy dog eyes, knowing I can't resist him when he does this.

I chuckle, "it will be my pleasure, Mr. Harrington."

He cups my face and leans down to kiss me. Before he could deepen our kiss, he pulls away gently. "I better let you go and get ready before I lose control with you again," he said. He gives me one last kiss and releases me, leaving me in a daze. He walks out of the room living me speechless.

Oh boy, I can never get enough of his kisses.

--------------

This is it! Come on, you can do this. Just walk out of there, I say to myself while looking at my reflection in the mirror. I'm so nervous. I take a deep breath, and take one last look in the mirror, then I turn to make my way out the room to meet Alex.

I can hear my heartbeat with every step I take...and then I make a turn down the corridor and I see him standing with his back to me. I'm finding it hard to breathe. He looks amazing. I suddenly get teary eyed from looking at him and feeling a rush of emotions flowing through out my body. I love this man so much. I can't describe the feeling. I'm so overwhelmed with the feelings I have for him. I don't have words....He simply takes my breath away. Then, when I thought I couldn't fall even more in love with him, he turns around and our eyes meet....