Chapter 3

Rodger

As I make my back to the car, I can't help but be e cited for Harry. She looked absolutely beautiful. I knew Angie was the right one to help her out. I hope Harry didn't notice the knowing smile we shared.

I've worked for Alex for 5 years, and not in those 5 years did I ever see Alex all tied up in knots over a woman. One look at Harry, I knew she feels the same way about my boss. For 2 years I've watched them dance around each other, trying to fight their feelings, but their actions speaks louder than words.

I was so happy when I found out that Alex has asked Harry to join him on his trip to Paris. I told him that it was a great idea. Since it's important business. I didn't want him to know that I knew about his feelings for Harry. I know for a fact that he will do everything he can to get rid of whatever feelings he has for her and I don't want that to happen. Alex is good guy. He's a great boss and he deserves the love of a good woman. I should know, I come home to a loving wife everyday, and it's the best feeling a man could ever feel.

In the 20 years we've been together, I still get excited upon seeing her and I couldn't wait to come home and see her beautiful face. Every moment I spent with her is a blessing. Loving her, being with her, and having her love is the best gift I have ever gotten. She's my miracle. I know that if Alex would give himself a chance, he would come to realize that all the money in the world can't buy his happiness. It can't compare to anything in this world. Harry can give him that. One look at that young lady and I knew her heart was pure and kind. She's the kind of person who loves unconditionally.

Every times I look at the two of them it was like i was seeing the younger version of myself and my Jane. I was a playboy once too. I fought against my feelings for Jane. I was an arrogant 30 year old when I met her. I had women left and right. I made a move on her and she turned me down saying that I was an arrogant bastard, before slapping me on the face. I laugh to myself remembering the look on her face when I kissed her.

I was captivated by her beauty and strength. She wasn't afraid to express herself. I fell in love with her that night, but I didn't admit it until I lost her. I lost her because of something so stupid. She caught me kissing another girl. I wanted to prove to myself that I was still in control of myself that she doesn't own my mind, body, and soul. It was the biggest mistake of my life. The look on her face, when she saw me kissing another girl is forever engraved in my memory. It was like a punch in the gut seeing her so hurt and devastated. She broke up with me that night.

I tried to beg her for forgiveness that night. I tried to explain and I told her that I loved her, but she just shook her head and told me that, "love means respecting the one you love. Love means respecting the love you have for that person. And that if I truly loved her I would have been honoured to have been given the gift of love. I wouldn't have tried to fight my feelings for her. I wouldn't have hurt her." She said that, 'I shouldn't come to her until I can respect the feelings I have for her.'

So I did. I finally admitted to myself that I loved her. I did everything I could to get her back. Every morning I would send her a text message saying good morning and that I love her. Every night I would do the same, I would wish her a good night and tell her I love her. At the end of the week I surprised her with dinner. She was in tears. She just hugged me and told me that "I had her at good morning, at I love you, at good night, at I love you...." She was a hopeless romantic. I smile to myself remembering the look of happiness in her eyes. I promised myself that I would work hard to keep that look on her face; and now 20 years later, I can say that we are the happiest we have ever been. We were never blessed with a child, but having her in my life was enough to make me feel complete. I know how much she wanted to have kids, but I guess God had a different plan for us. He gave us each other to grow old together.

Alex

After ending my call to my lawyer, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!"

It's Rodger. "Sir I have safely dropped off Ms. Adams. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"No. How was it. Did she get everything she needs?"

"Yes, sir," he says.

"Great, just give a minute, I'm done here."

"Yes sir, I'll wait for you outside"

"Alright." I turn to shut down my computer. My mind drifted to Harry. I wonder what kind of dress she chose. I know she would look good in whatever she has chosen.

After shutting down my computer, I grab my coat and laptop. I head on out. I see Magda at her desk. "I'm leaving now Magda, you should head on out too and have an early night," I told her.

"Thank you sir, have a good evening," she says while smiling warmly at me.

I smile back at her, "you too. Say hi to Ralph and your grandkids for me."

"Thank you. I will sir."

I turn and Rodger is waiting for me. He holds out his hand for my bag, and I wave my hands at him. "I've got it, it's not that heavy, and I'm not old and grey," I smirk at him.

He laughs, "I hope you're not insinuating I'm old Mr. Harrington."

I laugh, "I wouldn't dare old man." He laughs while shaking his head.

Once we're inside the car, Rodger asks if I needed to go somewhere before heading home.

"No, just drive me home and spend the rest of the evening with your wife." I knew how much Rodger loved his wife. They were the exception, as I would say. I guess love does work for some people.

Before Rodger heads home, I ask him to follow me in my office. I walk towards my desk, and I pull out an envelope. "Here, this is for you and Jane."

He looks at me with surprise and asks, "what is it Sir?"

"Open it old man," I say smirking at him. "And how many times do I have to tell you, call me Alex?"

He laughs, "old habit," he says while opening the envelope. He sees what's inside and he looks up at me with bewilderment.

"It's a one week cruise to the Caribbean. You leave the day after tomorrow. Happy anniversary to you and your wife."

"Alex this is too much."

I wave dismissively at him, "no it isn't. You both deserve a break. I'll be gone for a week, there's no need for both of you to be here, when I'm not. You don't have to drive my sorry ass around for a week, so you should both enjoy the week you have to spend together."

"Thank you, Alex, I'll definitely enjoy not having to drive your sorry ass around for a week. Jane would be ecstatic about this, but who will pick you up when you get back?" He asks me.

"It's just two days you won't be here, I think I can manage. Don't worry Magda has arranged transportation for us when we get back. Anyways, go on home to your wife old man. It's a wonder how she puts up with you," I say jokingly.

He laughs, "I thank god everyday for her. You should find your self a good woman too you know."

"No thanks, I don't need to complicate my life. Love is not for everyone, and it is definitely not for me."

"If you say so. well you have a good night Alex."

"Thank you, you too!" I watch him happily walk out my door, whilst whistling a happy tune. In that moment, I felt slightly envious of what Rodger has. I wave the thought out of my head.

I make my way into my room. I decided to take a quick a shower. I can't help but think back to what Rodger said to me, 'you should find yourself a good woman too.' I immediately think of Harry. No, I say to myself. I'm just attracted to her. This is just my libido talking. Thoughts of her long wavy auburn hair and fiery green eyes makes my cock hard. Shit, another case of blue balls.

After taking care of business, I turn off the shower. I quickly slip into my boxers and head on to bed. I can't help but feel excited about spending the week with Harry. I told her that it was strictly business. But the truth is, it will only take 3 days to complete my business affairs. I plan on spending the rest of the week touring her around Paris. I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees the Eiffel Tower for the first time. That was my last though before drifting to sleep.