Chapter 10

Harry

The whole gala seems like a blur. All I could think about now is that look in Alex's eyes. Could he really be in love with me? But how? I still can't believe that there is a chance, that Alex might love me too.

"Hey, you're quiet, are you okay?" Alex asked me, interrupting my thoughts.

"I'm okay, just tired," I lied.

"Well then, when we get home, you should head straight to bed, so that you'll regain your strength and energy for our exploration tomorrow," he said.

What does he mean? "What do you mean? Don't we have more meetings to go to?"

"Well I finished everything early, so I figured we could use the time we have left to tour Paris. I'd love to be your tour guide and show you around," he said, smiling sheepishly.

I feel like I'm about to burst with joy, he's just so sweet. I jump on him, hugging him tight. Then I quickly release him before he could hug me back, and I kiss him on his lips. Then I realized, what I had done and I pulled back and smiled at him sheepishly. "Sorry, I just got too excited."

He chuckles, "Hey, if you're going to jump me and kiss me like that, then I have no complaints." He pulled me closer and tucked me beside him, while hugging me. "I'm glad you're happy," he said. I smile and I savour the feeling of being in his arms. Whether he loves me or not, I know for a fact that hey cares deeply for me, and that's all that matters...for now.

I wake up to the sound of Alex's voice waking me up, while using my hair to tickle my face. "Wake up, sweetheart," he said. I groan and he chuckles, "Come on sleepyhead, time to wake up. He nuzzles my face with his nose.

I start to giggle and I push him away. "Okay, okay, I'm awake," I said while laughing. Alex helps me out of the bed.

"Good morning sweetheart," he said, giving me a chaste kiss on the lips.

I smile at him. "Good morning."

"Now off you go. We have an exciting day ahead of us, the sooner we leave, the more things we could do," he said to me. While pushing me to the direction of the bathroom.

Instead of our usual breakfast, Alex took me to his favourite Cafe called, 'Des Gateaux et du Pain.' They are known for having the best tasting croissants, and between Alex and I, I think we could live with eating croissants every single day. After we had breakfast, he took me to a famous gallery known as, The Louvre, where the painting of Mona Lisa can be seen. Then he took me to the Arc de Triomphe, the largest triumphal arch in the world, commissioned by Napoleon. Lastly, Alex took me to the Notre Dame cathedral. It's where I most wanted to go. It's where my parents met. When we reached the top of the towers, I feel so much joy. I turn to Alex and I see him admiring the beauty of the city.

"Thank you," I said to him. He turned his head to look at me and he smiles. "My pleasure. I saved the best for last," he said to me.

I look at the man standing before me, in awe. He doesn't know how special and sweet he is. A man who doesn't do relationships and doesn't believe in them, sure knows how to romance a girl.

"How did you know, I wanted to go here?" I asked him.

He smiles sheepishly, "I may have looked at your notes," he says guiltily.

I bring my hand up to caress his face," thank you, you have no idea how happy you made me," I smile to him tearfully. I turn back to look at the view. "This is where my parents first met. My dad said, he saw my mom crying, so she went up to her and offered her his handkerchief. He said that, instead of being grateful, my mom looked at him, clearly annoyed at him for sticking his nose in her business. My dad said that he fell in love with her in that moment." I turn to look at Alex. He keeps quiet, waiting for me to continue. "I told my dad, that it was silly of him to think he has fallen in love that quickly. I told him it was impossible to fall in love with someone that fast. He shook his head, and he looked at me and said, 'I took one look at her, and I knew. I can't explain the feeling, but when you meet the one you're meant to love forever, you'll know.'"