Chapter 13

Alex

It's been four months and I still haven't found her. Damn it. All I know is that, for about two weeks she was in Melbourne, then she flew back to New York. I've been busting my ass just to find her, and still I have no idea where she is.

You have no one to blame but yourself!

Roger

"Look I hired you guys because you are the best at what you do, now find me Harry Elizabeth Adams and don't report back to me until you do! I said dismissing the investigators I hired to search for Harry.

My wife Jane walks in, just as the investigators were leaving.

"Still no results?" She asked.

"No. I need to find her Jane. I need to find her for my son."

"I know. But you also need to tell him the truth Rodger. You have to. More than anything he needs you. He's hurting."

"I know, but the way he is now, he won't bother listening to any of my explanations. I promise, I will tell him the truth after we find Harry."

3 days later

"We found her" Marco said. "She's in Detroit. We've got an address."

"Good. How. Did you find her?"

"She accessed her medical records and she had it moved to a medical clinic in Detroit. We followed the trail, and found exactly where she is."

"Great, keep an eye on her, I don't want her slipping through our fingers," I said.

"One more thing sir..." Marco said.

"Yes?"

"The clinic she went to is a prenatal Health clinic."

Oh god, she's pregnant. "I see, thank you. Keep me posted."

"Jane..."

"I heard. How are you going to tell Alex?"

"I don't know, but he has to know."

Seeing my son so torn up about losing Harry pains me. I want nothing more than to be there for him and comfort him, but I know I can't. I still have to tell him the truth about my real identity. I am Roger Gavin Anderson, CEO of Anderson Corporation. I found out I had a son 9 years ago. Alex was working as a janitor in one of the buildings I own, when I first saw him. Something about the way he looked struck me. It was like I was seeing a younger version of myself. It bothered me and I just had this gut feeling inside me. I had him watched and I had my men look into his past and I found out who her mother was and I knew. I did not need any proof, I knew he was my son. I told Jane about it and she immediately told me to confront him about my suspicions. I wanted to talk to him, but I wanted to make sure I had proof to show him.

My son Alex had hard life growing up and finding out about the way he had to grow up, I admit I was scared that he will reject me and blame for not being there for him. I know I was a coward, but I just kept on telling myself to wait for the right time. I kept saying soon, and before I know it, it's been 9 years and Alex still doesn't know the truth. During those 9 years I made sure he had a chance at better life. I used my money and power to help him succeed in life. I had my lawyer approach him and offer him a chance to pursue his studies, and he accepted. I made sure he was well taken care of. After 3 years he had graduated from college with a degree in business management.

He had invested some money in the stock market and by the time he graduated he had millions. He started his own business and within a year, his business grew. He rose on top and became a the man he is now: Alexander Harrington, Billionaire CEO of Harrington Enterprises. I am so proud of my son. The way he worked hard to get where he is now. I may have helped him financially, but all he has now is the result of his strength, discipline, determination, and intelligence.