CHAPTER EIGHT

The bike slammed into Mako, pushing you back. Your bag of dyes spilled everywhere, the glass shattering on impact and spilling all over you. "Goddamnit! My new shipment!" you cursed, trying to salvage all that was left of your dyes.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" the woman riding the bike cried, helping Mako up. She started to apologize, and while neither of them were looking, you bent the water in the dyes to go back into your bag. It was futile, and you cursed yourself for not being careful enough.

"I'm so embarrassed! Let me help you up!" the woman said, extending her hand out to you. "I hope that those weren't important." you got up, ignoring her hand. You were about to brush it off, before you remembered that your most popular product, your pink eye dye, was sold out.

"Shit," you groaned, staring down at the dye in your bag, which was starting to leak. "Mako, you do whatever you gotta do. I gotta make some more dye." you normally switched from buying dye and making it. It really depended on your mood and if the products you needed to order were popular at the time.

"I'm so sorry! Can I help you?" the woman asked, and you giggled. "No, but my friend over here is giving you heart eyes. You asked him to dinner, continue to make the plans. I gotta go." you ran off, still carrying the leaking bag.

You mixed the pigments, mentally berating yourself for letting your dyes break. The bells on your shop's door jingled, and you wiped the liquids from your hands onto your apron. You walked out, seeing Aya.

"Oh, hey. What's up, Aya?" she ran forward, throwing her hands around your neck. You stumbled back, your hands hanging limply at your sides. "What are you doing?" you started to panic as she cried into your shoulder.

"Someone told me- that they were gonna-" she hiccupped, and you carried her to the back, cringing at your situation. You sat her down, running a clean washcloth under water and wiping her face. "I got so scared-"

"You know I don't know what you're talking about, right? And-" the bells jingled again. You groaned, sending an apologetic look towards Aya. "I'll deal with these customers, and then I'll close up shop." you promised, running out.

"Gran-Gran!" oh fuck- it was your family. Well, Zuko's side. "Kyoka. Guys, now isn't the-" Aya walked out, staring at your descendants. "Oh, hi! I'm Aya, Jordan's-"

"Jordan? Who's Jordan?" your jaw dropped, and just like that, your cover was blown. You looked at the speaker, and it was Jin- Jin? What was Azumu's girlfriend doing here? And Azumu was doing here- but- it didn't matter.

Your issue at hand was that you were exposed, not that Azumu wasn't with his immediate family. "Jordan? She's Jordan?" Aya pointed to you. "No, that's Y/N. Miss Y/N, do you have two names?"

"Y/N?" Aya gasped. "You've been lying to me?" you dropped your face into your hands. "Azumu, where is your mother? Last I checked, this isn't-"

"Uncle Zuko picked me up." you glared at your son, whose face was one of shock. "Ah, shit. Well, I guess it's time you knew. Come, there's a lot to explain."

You told her of your true identity, explaining everything except the fact you came from another world. She knew most of your story, having learned it in history class. She was crying again at the end, but at least she wasn't running away?

"But why did you lie?" you awkwardly patted her back. Kyoka was still clinging onto you, making it hard for you to move anything. "I had to. I know it's awkward, and I get if you'd like to not talk to me anymore- I mean, I showed up in your history textbook. My kids are older than you, for god's sake." you laughed, but it was more to ease the tension than actual mirth.

"No, no." you perked your head up. Luckily for you, you were able to kick the rest of your family out, leaving only Kyoka, who refused to leave your side. "I still like you, and I still want to take you out on a date. What do you think?"

You hesitated for a moment. What would Haru want? What did you want? Did Aya genuinely like you, or was she.. I don't know, using you for something? But, what if she wanted you for you? Haru was gone, but... you still loved him.

"Okay. I'm going to say something, but you need to understand. I still love my husband, but I'm willing to give you a shot. I don't like you right now, but I feel like I could develop feelings for you if I tried. Of course, if you're okay with dating someone as old as your grandma?"

She smiled widely, kissing your cheek. "Of course, as long as you're willing to date someone as old as your grandchildren?"

"I would. Now, let's take Kyoka back home."

wHERE THE FUCK IS MY WILL TO LIVE I SWEAR I ALWAYS LOSE IT