PROLOGUE

"I love you." you held your husband's hand, your spare hand on his chest. His heartbeat was slowing down, and he was only a few minutes away from death. "You were always so beautiful," he breathed, and you stifled a sob. "especially when you came to my village and kicked those Fire Nation soldiers' asses. I fell in love with you that day. I knew you were the one, I knew as you willingly left to go with Zhao to save my village. You were beautiful then, and you're beautiful now."

You combed your fingers through Haru's long, white hair. "These years have been paradise, my love. You're such an amazing wife, and an even better mother. Goodbye, Y/N. I love you." his grip tightened, before his hand went slack, his eyes closing for the final time.

You bowed your head, the tears dripping down your face. The pain was bubbling up, and soon, you could no longer hold it in. You fell out of your chair, resting your upper body on Haru's deathbed.

You screamed. Screamed and screamed for your husband. You knew this would happen, but you never wanted it to. "Chief Y/N-" Advisor Meena rushed into the room, before she saw your situation. "Oh. I'll go get the-" you held a hand up, the limb shaking.

"No." you commanded. "Let me have time with my husband."

"Chief Y/N, you have visitors." Meena bowed, and you wiped your tears. "Gran-Gran!" little Mora came charging in, jumping into your lap. "Where's Papa?" you turned your head to your son, who was walking in with the rest of your family.

"Papa's in a better place now. We're saying our final goodbyes to him." your granddaughter, Yai, gently picked Mora up from your lap. "It's good to see you again, Gran-Gran." you engulfed her into a hug, the rest of your descendants joining you.

"I'm sorry."

"We are here to mourn the death of my husband, Haru of the Sun Warriors." you gestured to his coffin, which lay atop a sheet of gold. "He was a father, a grandfather. Hell," you chuckled. "he was even a great-grandfather. He was a husband, a friend. He was a beloved ruler of the Sun Warriors." you pushed your tears back, refusing to show emotion in front of hundreds of people.

"But most of all, he was a beacon of light. Meeting my husband was one of the best things that's ever happened to me." you couldn't suppress the tears anymore, and they came flooding down as you continued your speech.

"That is all, Chief Y/N. You may light the coffin."

You swept your arm in an arc, the multicolor flame engulfing the remains of your husband and your past life.

get ready, bitches. this is a trainwreck