CHAPTER ONE

"All hail Chief Meena." you placed the ceremonial crown on her head, smiling at the crowd. "I am honored," your advisor turned chief stood up, and you stepped off stage. "to take the place of chief instead of our beloved leader, Chief Y/N. I hope that as long as she is absent, I rule you all with generosity and love."

"Zuko, my son." you embraced the younger man. "Mom, it's good to see you again." he led you inside, where all of his (your) family sat at a long dinner table. "Gran-Gran!" Kyoka yelled, tackling you into a hug. "Hello, Kyoka. How are you?" she placed a long, wet kiss on your cheek, causing the other kids to groan.

"Azula's coming soon. She-" a knock on the door. You shifted your great-granddaughter so she was on your hip, opening the door.

"Mom." Azula greeted. "My love. How have you been?" your family was complicated, and it was hard to explain to Zuko and Azula's spouses why you didn't age at first, but you wouldn't have it any other way. Now, everyone knew who you were. The immortal mother of two and grandmother of more who helped to end the Hundred Year War.

"Gran-Gran, I made dinner. Come, sit." Amira gestured for you to sit. "Auntie Azula, please sit." you sat in the middle of your children, in awe of everything. "What's wrong, Gran-Gran? You look like you have to poop!" you chuckled, patting Mora's head.

"I'm just glad that I have all of you. Haru might be gone, but I know he watches on with pride. So does my mother and father." Mora wrinkled her nose, batting your hand away. "Don't be all sad, Gran-Gran! Papa's still here."

"Gran-Gran," Kyoka looked up at you with her big, E/C eyes. "you're not leaving, are you? Please don't leave!" she clutched onto your leg, her small body wrapped around the limb. "You have to teach me earthbending! Please, please, please!"

"My love, I need you to understand." you peeled her off of you, crouching down to her height. "I've stayed with you for many months now. I need to do things, baby. Although," the tears started to slip down Kyoka's face, you were always her favorite family member. "I am always here. You can send me a letter, and I'll write back. I'll visit soon, Kyoka."

You walked out, ready to start your new life.

actually, just a small warning. i don't know if this is where i want the story to go, so i might  delete the chapters and reupload new ones or i might just make a different book. lol, sorry idk i just thought i should say it