6.2 - Karma

TWO HOURS UNTIL DAWN
Location: Sanatorium
Time: 0508

Y/N

"Jesus hot sauce Christmas cake. This is fucking unbelievable." I heard Mike let out. "Y/N, you should take a look at this." He tells me as I was already making my way to him. I look down at the dossier and read the content.

Blackwood Pines
Blackwood Sanatorium

Medical Examination
Patient No.9
Progression of Skeletal Hyperostosis

CONFIDENTIAL

I flipped to the next page...

09.01.1952

Day 4

*Epidermal dyspigmentation; expected after time underground
*Severe curvature of thoracic region; post traumatic kyphosis?
*Corneal dystrophy and clouding. Acuity 20/160

I glanced up at the profile picture of the patient. 'Looks normal...' I told myself before flipping to the next page. 'Oh that doesn't look normal...' I inwardly let out and read the page's contents.

14.01.1952

Day 9

*Chronic kyphosis
*Scarring alopecia
*Extreme nasal septum perforation
*Ectodermal dysplasia? (pointing of teeth)

I flipped to the last page as my eyes widen at the major changes from the patient's first picture to his last.

17.01.1952

Day 12

*Telogen effluvium, not alopecia?
*Maxiltary canine length 1 "
*Consistent w/corneal oedema but acuity now 20/22
*Epidermal toughening; stratum corneum

"It's fucking weird, isn't it?" He asks me as I nod in response. "I think I found another hallway." He says pointing to a wall with streams of light peeking through.

"Okay, let's go," I tell him. We walk over to the wall. I first push on it to see if it was weak. It doesn't budge. "Okay, hold on." I tell Mike. I turned and lined my shoulder up to the wall.

I let out a heavy sigh before ramming into the wall. It gives in to the force and opens. I look up from the wall and see a locked door. "Mike, do you mind?" I call out to him.

He walks up to the door and aims his gun at the lock.

BANG

He kicks the door open and walks into the new room. "Holy shit... who is this guy...?" He lets out. I entered the room and see a decayed body on a chair. Mike carefully walks towards the man and swipes the piece of paper on his leg.

"Sorry, old dude..." He apologized. "To whom it may concern..." He reads out loud. "They are dying outside. I hear them screaming and crying. This hell is my only legacy. God's punishment for my own mistakes. No escaping my fate. Death awaits me now. Jefferson Bragg." Mike finishes reading and looks up at me in concern.

"It's a suicide note." I summed up. "Figured... let's get out of here and go through the other side." Mike lets out and puts the paper on the man's leg. I nodded and followed him out of the room.

. . .

"Huh?" Mike lets out tensely as something sounds right next to us. I aimed my shotgun towards the noise and held my aim.

.

.

.

"Watch out!" Mike shouts at me, pushing me down to the ground.

BANG

I turned to see what he shot... and it was a Wendigo. "Ha! Ha! How's that feel you fuck?" He shouts at the monster. "Y/N! C'mon!" Mike calls out to me pointing at a set of stairs titled "B-WING."

I shuffled onto my feet and ran towards the set of stairs, Mike following close behind. "We can't outrun that thing. We have to find a place to hide." I tell him.

"Over there." He says pointing to a room to the left. We both ran into the room. Mike closes the door as the torch gave out. " Shit! Shit shit..." He curses.

I throw the torch aside and notice a cabinet right next to the door. I ran towards the cabinet and push it down on its side, barricading the door. I took a step back and catch my breath.

Mike slowly inches towards the door. Suddenly, the Wendigo appears again and screams. "No! Argh!" He jumps back. "Get out!" Mike shouts at the Wendigo and hacks at it with a machete.

Both Mike and I retreat into a room further in. "GET OUT!" Mike shouts at the Wendigo again before shutting the door and locking it. I turn to the wolf and comfort it.

"You're doing a good job, Wolfie. It's okay, it's fine." I cooed. I look up the door and read the font.

GUARD'S OFFICE

Mike and I crouched behind a table. At the same time, a Wendigo appeared from the Restraining Area. I noticed Mike continuing to crouch walk. "Mike! Stop moving!" I whisper shouted at him.

He complies and stops moving. The Wendigo continues to hiss and roar, trying to pinpoint our location. My eyes widen when I saw a bottle rolling off the table.

Miraculously, Mike catches the bottle before it hits the ground. "Don't... fucking...!" He whispers shouts as the Wendigo jumps onto another table behind us.

"Go..." I softly let out. Mike nods and starts to quietly walk towards the Restraining Area. Quickly, before the Wendigo turned towards us, Mike and I crouch jogged into the area.

"Alright... come on you son of a bitch." Mike lets out as we quietly walk through the abandoned hallway. "Where are you?" He quietly calls out. In the distance, a Wendigo screeches.

"Wha -- ! Huh?! Dammit... what the?" Mike lets out in fear. "What?" He lets out again. "Mike... calm your nerves." I whisper to him. He takes slow breaths as he inches close to a cell.

Suddenly, a Wendigo attempts to grab him, but misses. Mike stumbles next to me and aims his gun at him. I pushed the gun down. "What are you -- ?!"

"Look." I simply tell him. He watches as the Wendigo gives up and returns to the darkness of its cell. Before Mike could look into the cell again, I pull him back.

"Stick to the plan, Mike. We can't always force our neck down every hole." I tell him. Mike shrugs my arm off and turns away from the cell.

"When is this shit gonna stop...?! Jesus Chr -- It's like a fucking bad dream... ok..."