2.1 - Jealousy

NINE HOURS UNTIL DAWN
Location: Washington Lodge Grounds, Blackwood Pines
Time: 2124

Y/N

"Sam! C'mon! We're almost there!" I shouted as I looked back at her. She was busy adoring winter nature. She then caught up with me as we started crossing a bridge. "Hey, Y/N! Imagine this. What if, the floorboard breaks underneath us. What would you do?" She asks me as she waited for my answer. "What type of question is that? Of course, we would drop down and hit the water." I told her as she followed me.

"Water?" Sam asks as I pointed at the opening in the window. I watched her peek over the opening and her mouth formed an O. "...water...cold water to be specific." She said as she came back and walked in front of me. 'What is this feeling I'm getting...' I thought in my head as I kept walking. Suddenly...

"WRRAAAHHH!" A voice shouted as Sam screamed and held onto my arm. To tell you the truth, I jumped, but I wasn't as scared as Sam. She clung onto my arm as I stared at the one who was responsible for scaring her. "Evening, to you too, Mike." I greeted him as he smiles and scratched his neck. "Still got it in you, huh, Y/N? Hey! At least I got Sam!" He exclaimed as I asked Sam to get off of me.

"Don't do that! Is that how you've been welcoming everyone?!" Sam asks Mike as she was still trying to compose herself. "To tell you the truth...yeah...I got Ashley and Chris pretty good. I wonder if I'll get the next party!" Mike tells us enthusiastically. I wave him off as Sam and I continued our way towards the Lodge. Mike waved back as he went to his hiding spot.

. . .

As we made it to the lodge, we see Josh waving enthusiastically at us. Sam and I wave back. "I swear, Josh, the mountain grows every time I come here." I muttered as I stretched my legs. "That's what I said!" I heard a voice shout as I saw Chris. "Hello, Chris." I greeted him as Sam greeted him too. "Lovely evening to the both of you." He says jokingly as he bows at us. "There he goes again..." I heard Sam mutter as I shook my head.

"You and I both know he's like this every time." I tell Sam as she agrees. We walk up as we see Matt and Ashley. "Hey, guys...get up here okay?" Josh asks them as he waves. "Yeah...well, more or less. But's it good to see you!" Ashley exclaims. I then noticed Matt hadn't said anything.

Chris walked up the stairs with Josh as Sam decided to catch up with Ashley. Concerned, I walked up to Matt. "Hey, Matt." I greet as he just waves. I stood next to him. "You know...according to everyone that I know, I'm a pretty trusting dude." I tell him as he just looks at me. I looked down at him with my eyes as I waited for his response.

He shakes his head. "It's just...I saw Em and Mike hugging...and, I don't know how to take this." He tells me as he started digging up the snow with his feet. "You could always ask her, but then we both know how she can be. And it's a hug, not a kiss, Matt. But if you are weary, just keep an eye on her, okay?" I told him as I turned my head towards him.

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks, Y/N." He said as he started to smile. I held my fist out for him as he pumped it. "No problem, Matt. Even though you guys can annoy me at times, you guys are still my friends. And I do my best to take care of you guys." I told him as I gave him a comforting smile. He then let out a chuckle. "This is why you're the group dad and Sam's the group mom. Always taking care of us and stuff." He commented as I forwarded my attention to Sam as she smiled talking to Ashley.

"Hey, you guys." Josh caught our attention. "Chris and I are going to find a way in. The lock's iced pretty badly. We'll be back." He told us as we all nodded in turn. We watched them walk away.