5.1 - Revelation

THREE HOURS UNTIL DAWN
Location: Washington Lodge
Time: 0430

Y/N

My eyes slowly open as I was met with...the lodge's ceiling? I try to get up but felt a thrilling pain on my head. I felt the top of my head and felt that it was bandaged. "Y/N!" I heard someone call my name as I groggily turn to the voice. My eyes started to adjust at the approaching figures. I then saw a hand in my face.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" The person asks me as I look at it. "The fuck you mean how many fingers? I see a knuckle." I told them as my vision was restored. I saw Chris, Sam, Ashley, and Emily looking at me. I was then enveloped by a hug from Sam. "Thank God your safe." She told me as I returned the hug. I then felt something at my feet. I look at me and saw that I was wearing my tennis shoes.

"From where we left off. Em." Chris started as we look at Emily. "What were you talking about? A monster?" He queries. "I said, there is something out there--!" "Like what?" Ashley cuts in. "Ash, relax." Sam tells her as Emily sits on a nearby armchair and Ashley stands next to Chris as Sam sat next to me. "It was Josh, it was all Josh--" "No, no no no listen to me--" "We got him tied up, he can't hurt you." Sam tells Emily.

"No it was after me. And it wasn't human--" "Hold on..." Chris stops her. "Wait, Em -- where's Matt? Is he okay?" Chris asks her. Emily abruptly stands up. "I don't want to talk about the fucking sack of shit." Emily tells him as she walks off. "Wow..." Chris lets out.

"He left me! He just fucking abandoned me when I was hanging off the goddamned tower about to die--" "What tower?!" Sam asks her. "And then I fell into this terrifying freaking mine shaft and he was just gone!" Emily finishes. "Whoa whoa whoa, what mine shaft?" Chris asks her. "I -- I was walking down there, in the mines, and it was dark and I found this pile and there was Beth's head!" She tells us.

"Wait, what?!" Chris asks confused. "Beth's head. I found it." She says again. "Oh my God!" Ashley shouts as she looks away. "What the fuck?" Chris lets out. "Are you serious?!" Sam says in disbelief. "Yes! I'm serious!" Emily shouts. I then remembered the creature that I met at the clifftop.

"Wait, Emily...can you describe the monster you saw." I told her as she shook her head. "Please, Emily. I need to know." I tell her as she looks down at her lap. "What are you trying to get at, Y/N?" Sam asks me as I shook my head. "It looked like an albino. Had freakishly long legs and arms and chased after me!" She tells me.

"Was it bald?" I ask her as she nods. "No hair body hair and had inhumane teeth?" I ask her again as she nods again. I then remembered that I didn't move in my encounter with the creature. "Emily...why didn't yo just hide and stopped moving?" I asked her as she just looks at me crazy.

"Because I would've been eaten!" She shouted at me. "I guess that's a way to put it...but I believe if you hadn't moved, it would've left you alone." I told her as she kept her stare at me. "And how the hell would you know?!" She asks me. "Because I encountered it, Emily. At the clifftop." I told her as not only the recent memories came back but the words of Beth's played in my head.

"I think they fell down there." Emily randomly lets out. "In the mines?" Sam asks her as she nods. "Jesus Christ." Chris lets out as he shakes his head. "But the worst part is I don't think Hannah died, like, from the fall, not right away..." Emily tells us.

"What? What do you mean?!" Ashley asks. I stare off into space as I remembered all of it again. "Beth and Hannah didn't go missing. They fell from the clifftop. Where I encountered the same monster Emily described. But how is it possible to still be able to move from that fall...?" I queried as I started thinking.