2.2 - Jealousy

Location: Washington Lodge Grounds, Blackwood Pines
Time: 2244

Y/N

I felt something shake me. "Y/N. Wake up." I heard the voice plead as I kept my eyes closed. The force shook me even harder. "Y/N! Wake up!" The voice shouted as I tried to wake up. The force shook me even harder as I heard the bed creak. As I was about to open my eyes, I felt a sting on my left cheek.

"Ow!" I yelped as I sat up and stared at the person. I held my stinging left cheek as I saw a shocked Sam. "Sam? Why're you in my room?" I ask her as she stands up. "The hot water's not working. Josh told me you knew how to fix it." She tells me. I nodded as I slide off my head. "It's in the basement. Follow me." I told her as I grabbed my flashlight.

I still held my left cheek as I walked down the stairs. "Where'd you take lessons?" I ask Sam as she looked at me confused. "Lessons?" She queried. "Yeah, lessons. Your slap is still burning me..." I muttered as Sam awed. "Aw. Does it hurt that hard?" She asks me in a baby tone.

I scoff as I turn around. "Y/N! Where are you going?" She asks me. "With that attitude, it seems like you don't need the hot water after all." I told her as her face dropped. "Please! I need hot water! Pretty please?! I'm sorry, okay? I didn't know it hurt that bad..." She apologized as I smiled. "Apology accepted." I tell her as I open the basement door.

"Watch your step." I told her. "I think I can handle a little old set of stairs." She tells me. "Whatever you say..." I muttered. I opened a pair of doors and was presented with the boiler system. I started to inspect the boiler. "It's really creepy with no lights on, you know?" Sam tells me as I nod. "That's why you have me, right?" I ask her as I smile at her. "Right." She nods.

I walk away from the boiler and walked to the panel and started working on it. "What's this doing here?" I looked up and saw Sam holding a baseball bat. "Is this Josh's?" She asks me. "It's mine actually. I would play ball with Josh and even his Dad if he wasn't tired." I told her as I took the bat. The fond memories of young age flooded in as I smiled down at it. I leaned the bat onto a stack of boxes.

"Okay. Let me see what I can do with this old hot water machine." I said as I walked back to the panel. I pressed the button but got no response. I walked back to the boiler system. "Sam? Can you help me?" I ask her as she walks towards me. "Just hold this for me and that'll be enough." I told her as she grabbed my flashlight.

"What was that?" Sam asked as I didn't hear anything. "What was what? I didn't hear anything." I told Sam. "I'll try to work on it faster so you don't get paranoid." I told her as he shined it on the boiler as I started working on it. "When have I ever been paranoid?" She asks me. "When have you not? You read too much into supernatural stuff, Sam." I tell her as I continued working on the boiler.

"Hey! But like you said, I have you." She tells me as I nodded. "Nice." I let out as I stood back up. "Okay, first things first: we need to increase the water pressure before we get the boiler fired up." I told her as I walked back to the panel. "Sounds kinda complicated." Sam told me.

"It's easy, don't worry." I told her as I went back to the system as she walks to the panel. "Flip it on. Then when you see the light turn red above the fire button and the stick on the meter is in the middle, that's when you press the button." I told her as she nods.

I watched her as she started the process, I watched the system for any faultiness as the boiler came to life. "Whoa!!!" Sam exclaimed as I closed the doors to the system. "I knew you got it." I told Sam as I smiled at her. I held my hand out as Sam gave it a high five. Then, I heard an ominous sound.