5.2 - Revelation

THREE HOURS UNTIL DAWN
Location: Washington Lodge Grounds
Time: 0439

Y/N

"So, how many shots until they're down for good?" I ask the man as I follow behind him. "Well, you'd be shooting a long time." He tells me. "So they don't go down easy..." I muttered to myself. "Does it have a weakness?" I ask him as I continued to follow. "They don't like fire. That shotgun will only slow it down." He tells me. We walk away from the lodge and into the woods to the shed.

"They fear it, and it can kill them if you have to...see their skin is like...it's like tough armor, unless you burn it off first." He explains. "So, we burn a patch of its skin, and if we hit it again at the same spot, we might be able to take it down?" I ask him. "That's a way to think of it." He tells me. Another question pops up into my head as we walked on.

"Do they follow any sort of patterns?" I ask him. "They do. They're like any animal...or human." He tells me. "What do you mean?" I ask him. "I didn't ask." He tells me sarcastically. "Oh...well, is there anything else I need to know?" I ask him as we climbed up the hill.

"They can't see you if you're standing still. It's like toads...sight is based on changes of movements in their field of vision. " He tells me. "I already know that. I met one already." I told him as we see the shed. "Heh. Then consider yourself an amateur then, kid." He tells me as I enter the shed. I noticed a tipped over chair and a flickering light. I also saw bloodstains. "Oh no..." I muttered. "Was I too late?" I questioned as I stared at the chair in front of me. I looked around the shed and saw no Josh. "We're too--"

"Shh! Quiet!" The man tells me as I silenced myself. I quietly follow behind me. I then heard the screams of the Wendigo. "We gotta go. Right now." The man tells me. "But, Josh! He's gotta be around here." I tell him as he scoffs.

"Ha! First, the Wendigo, he'll render you immobile. And then he strips the skin off of your entire body, piece by piece. And then he keeps you alive and aware and feasts on your organs, one piece at a time." The man tells me. "So, the Lodge, then." I tell him as he nods. "Let's go now, it might still be near!" He tells me as I follow after him.

"Wait!" He shouts at me as I stop. "Don't...move..." He tells me as I stood frozen in place. "...Be very quiet..." The man checks out the path in front of us. "Run! Go! Now! Now!" He shouts as I ran and follow him. A Wendigo appears in front of us."Back!" The man shouts as he uses his flamethrower and scares it away. I stayed behind him. "We're right out in the open." He points out. "We gotta get out of here!" He shouts as a Wendigo quickly appears and slices the man's neck. I watch as he falls limply to the ground and blood paint the snow. His head rolls off of him.

"Shit..." I muttered as a Wendigo appeared in front of me. it jumps at me as I quickly shoot it. It flies back as I start to run and cock the gun. I saw a tree branch and roll under it as I kept running. I turned back and saw the Wendigo jump at me. I shot it again as it flies back to the tree branch. I turn and quickly made my way to the Lodge. "C'mon...how far is it!" I muttered as I stopped and saw another Wendigo in front of me. 'I'm so close!' I told myself.

'There's more than one?!" I inwardly shout as I shot it before it could jump me. Before I could go into the Lodge, another one appeared and jumped at me. I spotted a gas tank as I aimed at it and fired. The explosion blew the Wendigo back as it gave me the time to head back into the Lodge. I started banging on the door.

"Hey! Let me in!" I shouted as the door opened I rolled inside the Lodge as I heard the door close behind me. "Oh my god, Y/N! What happened?" I felt a pair of arms help me up. It was Sam. "We can't talk here. We have to head down." I told her as I gripped onto her wrist and went down.