1.1 - Memento Mori

-One Year Later-
TEN HOURS UNTIL DAWN
Location: Cable Car Station, Blackwood Pines
Time: 2052

Y/N

Today is the one year anniversary of the dreadful tragedy that took place on Mount Washington...Sheriff Annie Cline was in charge of the investigation...

Thanks for having me, Marty.

scrrrch

...listeners an update on Hannah and Beth Washington, the twins who are still missing...

scrrrch

One year ago tonight the Washington girls left the safety of their parents' lodge and headed into a snow storm...

scrrch

...foul play...?

Not officially no. There is one individual we're considering as a person of interest but his whereabouts are currently unknown. He has an interesting history with the Washington family...he had warned them against pursuing their construction project...and claimed the land was sacred to his forefathers.

You know there is still the old Sanitorium on the mountain. Could he be hiding there...?

My officers did search the grounds but...the girls themselves couldn't have made it that far...

Something about that mountain seems to breed tragic events.

More than you know Marty.

Well thank you for joining us, Annie...to all the Washingtons tonight...their son Josh on this, the anniversary of the mysterious disappearance of Hannah and Beth Washington.

I watched as the screen changed to Josh. I bounced my leg as I sat on the bench.

Well hello, friends and fans...alright let's do that again...

Josh walks up to the camera as it zooms in on him even more.

Alright. Well hello, friends and fans! It's beyond awesome to have you guys all back this year. First off, I gotta say I am super excited to welcome all my pals back to the annual Blackwood winter getaway! Wah!

I shook my head as Josh shows his excitement. "Why am I even surprised..." I muttered as I continued to watch the video.

So, um...let me just let you know, let's take a moment to address the "elephant in the room" for a second...I know you're all probably worried about me...and I know it's gonna be tough on all of us going back after what happened last year... but -- I just want you all to know...it means...it means so much to me that we're doing this. And I...I know it would mean so much to Hannah and Beth that we're all still here together, thinking of them. I really want to spend some quality time with each and every one of you and share some moments that we'll never forget, for the sake of my sisters, you know? Okay...so! Let's party like we're fucking porn stars, okay? And make this one trip we will never forget, alright? Yes!

I pressed the home button as I tapped away and opened my music app. I took one earbud out as I started playing O'Death by Amy van Roekel. I started drumming to the beat so my brain could stay occupied. I didn't even notice the figure standing in front of me.

"You having fun there, drummer boy?" The voice asks as I looked up. I just shook my head as I stood up. The person enveloped me in a warm hug as I returned it. "It's good to see you again, Sam. How've you been?" I asked as I stowed my earbuds into my bag. "Nothing that interesting. You?" She asks me.