Seven7

Lexie got to work and smiled as she walked into the ambulance bay as she saw Iain. He looked to her and smiled "hey, you look like crap" he said as she looked to him and smiled

"it's the baby you put in me, I have a scan later don't forget" she said as he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him "I won't" he said as he leant in and kissed her.

Lexie kissed him back and moaned into the kiss as she pulled away breathless and looked to him. Lexie didn't know what was going on with her and Iain. She knew that they were having a baby together, he was her best friend and they had sex one night and now it had all been different since then.

They couldn't stop sleeping together and Lexie had no idea what was going on with them "Iain?" Lexie asked as he looked to her and smiled "hmm" he said as she looked to him

"what is going on with us? I mean we are going to have a baby and my head is a mess and we are best friends and we had sex once and now we're here and you know what we are doing now and if a a mess" lexie said as he placed a hand on her cheek as he looked to her and smiled

"I don't know, I don't know what is going on" he said as she looked to him and smiled.

Lexie knew it was a mess but she knew that she was trying her best not to develop feelings for her best friend, she knew that the last thing that she wanted was to fall in love with him.

She knew it was a mess. She kissed him for a second and smiled "I have to go" she said as he smiled. Lexie walked off as she saw Esmè with Sam and rolled her eyes as she walked into the Ed knowing that it was all a mess with her and Iain.

***

Lexie walked over to Esmè and smiled. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I just feel sick. I haven't been myself the last few days," Esmè said as she smiled.

"Are you pregnant?"

Esmè shook her head. "No. I'm not pregnant. I don't think I want kids."

Lexie sighed. "Have you even talked to my dad?" She asked as she saw the look on her face.

"Look. Your dad and I happened a couple of times. Nothing else is going to happen. It was sex and simply just sex," Esmè said.

***

Lexie stood outside of maternity. She smiled when she saw Iain walking towards her. "Ready?" She asked as she looked at him.

Iain nodded. He took her hand and they walked inside. "Lexie Strachan?"

"Yeah."

"This way."

The two of them went to the room. Lexie climbed onto the bed and sighed. Iain took her hand. "Whatever happens between us, just know that I'm always here for you. I will always love our baby. And I think I'm falling in love with you."

Lexie looked at him with tears in her eyes. She took his hand and grinned. "I think I'm falling in love with you too."

But would it be plain sailing for Lexie and Iain?