Sixteen16

Things with Lexie and Iain had been tense. Lexie didn't know weather or not to believe that he had slept with Lily. She knew that there was something between them.

When she woke that morning, she walked into the living room. Iain smiled. "You okay babe?" He asked as he kissed her.

Lexie nodded and sighed. She made herself a cup of tea and smiled. "I can't wait till we meet our baby. Me, you and little one."

Iain kissed her and smiled. "Yeah. Me either. I love you. You know that right?"

"Yeah. I know."

***
Lexie went into work with Iain. Iain kissed her and walked off. Lexie walked over to Esmè who looked cold. "Why are you out here? It's freezing," she said.

"Because your father is waiting right by the door for me. And I don't wanna see him," Esmè said.

Lexie nodded. "Right. Okay. Come on. You can walk in with me. He won't say anything. Because he knows he's in my bad books."

Esmè smiled and followed her into the ED. Lexie saw Lily and rolled her eyes. She couldn't stand the woman. Especially knowing she could have slept with Iain.

Esmè looked at Lexie. "She's really annoying you huh?"

Lexie nodded. "Yes she is. And I literally feel like murdering her. I could get away with it too. And blame my hormones. I just hate how I feel like she's ruined my relationship. And I don't know if I feel like I can talk to Iain."

"You have to talk to him. It's the only way you can clear this up. And you're due a baby soon. And it won't do any good to give birth while you've got this on your mind," she said.

"I know. I really want to. But... at the same time, I can't. Because I know that I won't like the answers and it scares the crap out of me."

Esmè took her hand and smiled. "Trust me when I say that everything absolutely will be okay. You know that?"

"I hope so."

***
Lexie went out to Iain. He was sitting in the back of ambulance. He looked at her. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just... I think we need to talk. Is everything okay with Lily? I mean...you've been too close to her lately and it's worrying me."

Iain rolled his eyes. "You're being silly babe. I don't want Lily. I want you. You're having my baby. And that's all that matters. Okay?"

"You say that. But I'm scared that you'll realise I'm not as clever as her. And then you'll leave me."

Iain took her hand. "I'll repeat what I just said. You're having my baby. Nothing would make me leave you. I will always want you."

Lexie just nodded. But she was scared. And she had thoughts. She sighed. "I've got to go. I'll see you around," she said.

***
Lexie sat in the flat and sighed. She knew Iain was late back. But she knew he wouldn't have been with Lily. But was she worrying over nothing? Or was there something going on with Iain and Lily?