Chapter Ten

Emmy's P.O.V.

At this time of day, which is around 4 A.M. on a Wednesday, Wal-Mart is full of the scariest people ever. There are people in costumes, drunken people, prostitutes, drag queens, and just downright inappropriate conduct everywhere you look.

"Lou, this place is scary, can we go somewhere else?" I whined, not wanting to be here any longer.

"No, we need to get food for the house, Niall and Bree ate us out-already." He said sternly.

"Okay, fine. Did you hear about Zayn and Leah's fight?" I asked, and he nodded. "Well, they had a full makeout session right after, well, Zayn cut her off while she was in the middle of yelling. That's so cute! Right?" I said, not acknowledging how loud I said that and who heard me.

"You really need to learn how to talk quieter, do you know that?" He asked.

"Yep; that's not stopping me doing this," I started to push the cart in the main aisle and stand on it, "I'm on top of the world!"

"The things I do for you," I heard him mutter, "wait for me!"

"In your dreams, Tommo!"

We were stopped a few seconds later, by a man in a black suit-very official-looking if you ask me-he was sort of intimidating.

"Can I help you two?" he said sternly.

"Yes," Louis said in his worst American accent, "where are the crisps, yo?" The man turned away shaking his head.

I whispered in his ear before erupting into laughter, "Americans don't say crisps, we say chips."

"But those are chips!" He said while pointing to a bag of frozen French fries.

"Not here. In America, your version of 'crisps' are called 'chips,' your version of 'chips' are called 'fries,' and your version of 'football' is called 'soccer.' Clear? You're going to be in America stuck with five girls and your band mates for quite a while. Now, let's get some food before the sun rises." I said before turning the cart around.

We picked out a lot of food-every kind of junk food, every kind of vegetable and fruit, a lot of pasta, too much meat, too much bread, not enough drinks (water, orange juice, other assortments of juice, milk, lactaid milk for Olivia, a lot of soda, and a whole lot more where that came from). Long story short, we almost bought the whole food department of Wal-Mart, Niall and Bree better be happy.

We were in the check-out line, and Louis and I were talking about the fight between Leah and Zayn, not even recognizing the cashier, who looked a lot like Matt-the guy who basically caused the fight-maybe he was Matt's brother or something?

"Are you talking about Leah Smith?" He asked, we didn't reply, knowing that he would tell someone. "Oh, I'm Mitch, Matt's younger brother. Don't worry, I won't tell Matt. He's been in wonderland ever since he met Leah, and because he's been working in the hospital for the past few weeks, so he's seen her a few times, too."

Mitch looked a lot like Matt, except Mitch had light brown hair with dark-brown eyes.

"Yeah," Louis said while putting the remainder of the items from our cart onto the thing, "he was sort of the reason why Zayn and Leah were fighting."

"They're okay now! They had a total makeout session like during it." I said in my best gossip-girl voice I could pull off.

"Too much information, Haynes." Mitch said, "Your total is $631.16." I pulled out the credit card Mary gave us for food and stuff like that. "Okay, here are your bags, want another shopping cart?" We nodded, "Here, drive safe and have a nice day."